Financial Aid/Scholarship Question

<p>I will be an out-of-state student (Texas) from an upper-middle class family, SAT 2020, GPA 4.0, rank 115 out of 750 (although I think this has improved) from a good public high school. I will have taken 6 AP classes by the time I graduate. I have been a varsity cheerleader for two years and I have worked as a gymnastics coach throughout high school, as well as being involved in a couple of clubs. I plan to major in nursing. Any chance at some decent financial aid?</p>

<p>I think that you are asking two different questions:</p>

<p>Your FAFSA score determines what financial aid you are eligible for.</p>

<p>An upper middle class family does not qualify for much financial aid.</p>

<p>That is for any school, not just Purdue.</p>

<p>Scholarship wise, OOS students are eligible for the Presidential and Trustee awards.</p>

<p>Presidential is 7500 per year and the Trustee is 10K per year.</p>

<p>You must maintain a 3.0 GPA @ Purdue to keep the awards.</p>

<p>Every year is different, based on amount of $ available, your major and the other incoming</p>

<p>Freshman competing for that pot of money.</p>

<p>My daughter is a Junior @ Purdue studying CHEM E.</p>

<p>We are OOS and she won a Presidential scholarship.</p>

<p>Your SAT is a little lower than hers, but, her GPA was 4.4 unweighted and Class rank 14/800 in a very competitive public HS. </p>

<p>Again, all depends on the incoming class.</p>

<p>I gave you my daughter’s stats just for a point of comparison.</p>

<p>Best of Luck to you as your stats are very strong as well.</p>

<p>Correction on one thing above:
According to Purdue website [Purdue</a> University - Merit_Scholarships](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/costs/merit_scholarships.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/costs/merit_scholarships.html)</p>

<p>These are the scholarship amounts for OOS students:
Trustees: $12,000 - $16,000 per year
Presidential: $6,000 - $10,000 per year</p>

<p>OOS amounts higher because they pay much higher tuition.</p>

<p>As above post indicates, these are merit scholarships (i.e., not need-based)</p>