Financial Aid/Scholarship Money at Purdue

<p>So is Purdue pretty good with $$ or bad? I live in PA and my parents really cannot afford the high price tag...I would have to get about $20K in financial aid. I have 3.933 WGPA, 3.8 UGPA, 1210 SAT (CR/M), ACT 25, + lots of activities....</p>

<p>Same boat as you. Except from Ohio. Don’t really have an answer for you though</p>

<p>I’m from Indiana and from what I’ve heard, they don’t give out a lot of $$.
I’d say you have a good chance at the Presidential Scholarship, which is 2k-8k for out of state.
Keep in mind that Purdue will recalculate your GPA and take into account just the core classes you take.
[Purdue</a> University - Core GPA](<a href=“Learn about Purdue University - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University”>Learn about Purdue University - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University)</p>

<p>I attend Purdue as an OOS student and I received a good amount of scholarship money. Granted, the scholarship determination process has changed over the past year, but I received $10,000 a year from Purdue. Additionally, I applied for a bunch of outside scholarships and ended up getting app. $15,000 in scholarships alone. So it is definitely possible is you really plan it out/work at it.</p>

<p>So what scholarships did you apply for and how much were they for? The ones I am seeing look like longshots and are not for a lot of $$. I applied to a few but probably thousands of other kids did too.</p>

<p>Try to raise that SAT score if you want to be sure that you will receive some scholarship money. My EFC is very low yet I get maybe 7-8k in aid from the gov’t and Purdue so keep that in mind. Apply for as many scholarships on fastweb and stuff since you are eligible for many scholarships right now.</p>

<p>what is an EFC?</p>

<p>EFC stands for Estimated Family Contribution. After you fill out your FAFSA application, you will find out what your EFC is. Your financial aid award package is sort of based off your EFC when it comes to need-based aid such as Federal grants. Everyone should fill out FAFSA forms unless your parents make a ton of money…</p>