Financial aid

<p>I will be applying to Purdue University as a junior-year transfer student in the fall. I have a 3.4 cumulative GPA, and I'm a liberal arts major. How generous is Purdue University with out-of-state students. I would like information from people who attend or have attended the univerity. I would also take information from people who know how Purdue University's financial aid works. Thank you.</p>

<p>Because of Purdue's large student body, the financial aid there works very systematically. If you have certain credentials/EFC need, you get a certain amount. Of course they review it, but its mostly the same. I don't believe a 3.4 grants you any merit aid. Look for outside scholarships or work-study. Apply for financial aid right now if you haven't.</p>

<p>fafsa early deadline is march 1. im out of state, had a 3.0 gpa, and a low EFC. got some grants, 0 scholarships obviously like come on a 3.0?. and just loans. im paying my own college education and im fine with it. hopefully i dont go 6 years, since im already prob. going at 5 years. 150k in debt + interest.. mmmmmm so yeah. you might get more grant $ than me. who knows... and you should apply for outside scholarships also or as j89 do workstudy.</p>