FIT Applicants - FALL 2020

I was wondering if anyone got accepted for photography aas yet?

Still haven’t heard anything and I live in long island… nothing is updated on myFIT and email i’m so scared. FIT is the only school I can go to. I applied for communication design AAS.

If you haven’t heard back at this point, does that mean you aren’t accepted? I have a couple friends who still haven’t heard and I’m getting really nervous for them. :frowning:

That’s what I’m worried about…maybe they’re sending the rejection letters last because I haven’t heard of any rejections yet

last year, i got my rejection letter after the dec. 1, so if u havent heard back after april 1, its a rejection. it was dated the 27 or 28th. i’m just really confused that i havent heard back but i have that tuition deposit link. i even emailed them but the automatic message says they have a high volume of emails.

I wouldn’t necessarily lose hope if you’re in a major that requires a portfolio.

Yesterday, there were a few acceptances into portfolio requiring majors, but not many. Perhaps they’re rolling out by school? Region?

Clearly, not an ideal approach but we are in such uncertain times dealing with Covid-19 that who knows what’s going on?

@ayeitztasha do you have any more information to share?

Good luck to everyone!

i went to the fitwelcome tag on instagram and most of the design acceptances and acceptances in general live in the northeast like nj and ny and some in the midwest. so i could see why they got their acceptance letters by mail. i live in the southeast and i have some packages that i have ordered that won’t be here until monday bc of covid-19. so covid could be a factor. im sure they’re doing it by region and major. i manly saw amc, fbm, and majors that just required an essay acceptances. its wednesday and the letters just started monday. we shouldn’t automatically assume the worst.

@ialcrz thank you!
I think they are notifying via email right now, so hopefully more acceptances today.
One other thought is FIT being a state school, residents and those living nearby, would hear before OOS.

Ok so I emailed FIT and they said “We are emailing decisions letters.
If your application met the deadline Feb 1st, you will receive an emailed decision in April.”

If anyone knows anyone whose been accepted to Communication Design AAS, would you please let us know?

My DD has other schools waiting for her decision. If FIT sent communication design acceptances already, then I’m going to encourage her to move on.

First impressions of this place aren’t good…Yeesh.

I saw on Facebook that someone was accepted for that, sorry.

Thank you @Litva4!

Time to move on.

I appreciate you replying so quickly. Best of luck to your son!

You’re welcome @Mimi2018 - I get the need for closure. Best of luck to your daughter too!

Has anyone got accepted for Interior design? I have the “Pay my deposit” link in MyFIT, but didn’t get any email or update in MyFIT. I am freaking out right now since im living in new york city… so nervous :’(

Has anyone gotten in for advertising and marketing communications?

@aidec11 I applied for interior design as well and have the pay my deposit link in MyFIT but haven’t received an email or update either. I’m so nervous too, hopefully we find out soon.

My student got accepted for production management. Thanks to this forum, I alerted her to check her e-mail yesterday! We are in CA. I am thrilled as this was the only school she applied to! Good luck all!

Y’all - if you have the pay the deposit link, I don’t think you need to worry!

where do you find the pay the deposit link?

@funvee It’s on the main myfit page down on the left hand side.