FIT Applicants - FALL 2020

I have not heard anything yet.
What did they say when they got back to you?

I emailed asking about the acceptance letters and the dates they would be coming out. They told me they would forward my email, I haven’t heard back since.

I just received the letter of waitlisted to two years of Advertisement and Marketing AAS, anyone?

For anyone who still hasn’t heard back I just looked on the fit Instagram at their post that they made today and in the comments they were responding to people saying Decisions are still being sent out today. If you submitted all your required documents by feb 1st then you would receive your decision by today and If you submitted materials after that date they would start sending out decisions starting April 1. I’m still waiting to hear and I submitted all my materials before Feb 1 so I will be constantly checking my email today haha.

There is still a small chance!
Has anyone received a rejection letter yet?

Have you heard back yet? I applied for an ASS in fashion design and am still waiting

I’m still waiting AAS Fashion Design - I emailed them a week ago because there was a kerfluffle in my app and they just got back to me and told me to keep waiting lol.

If you get an email could you possibly mention it in the thread because for some reason I feel like we aren’t gonna get an email today? All the past emails that people have mentioned with their decisions, were all somewhat earlier in the day around morning time. So if it’s not before 7 I doubt it will be today.

Hiii all
Ive been checking here daily for updates and really thought I wasn’t getting in since its so late but I just got acceptance email at 2:48 for BFA in Photography and Related media program. (transferring after completing my AAS at community college)
good luck to all, don’t lose hope yet

@FIT2020Photo congrats!! did you have the pay your tuition link in your portal??

I checked a few days ago and didn’t have link… just checked now and I do. Soo I’m not really sure when it popped up. Its probably a good sign but dont know if it means anything for sure for sure

I got in for communication design AAS 2 Year !!!
The deposit link appeared about 5/6 hours before Admissions email came through.

Wishing everyone still waiting the best of luck ! Y’all got this!

@ayeitztasha!!!

Congratulations!! I’m so happy to hear you got in!!

Thank you for all the information you’ve provided us.

hey everyone. just received my rejection email at 3:20 PM pacific time. This was my second time applying for fbm and was rejected… i wish everyone the best of luck that is still waiting to hear back

Did your GPA change between the time you first applied and this time? I got rejected too but am going to apply for the spring

@aamccaffrey hey! yes it did. when i applied last time i had a 2.8 GPA which was from high school and after one term at my community college i raised it to a 3.6 and recently just got it to a 3.8 i am going to reapply for spring but am going to apply to parsons as well… FIT has really turned me off to be honest. Kind of sad since it’s been my dream school since freshman year of high school :confused:

@fashionluvr6464 I am so sorry! I feel the exact same way. I had a 2.9 high school GPA but am going to community college to raise it. Scares me a little knowing you got it to a 3.8 and still got rejected! Still my dream school just not sure what FIT’s process is as it seems a little unfair and not very straightforward:/

@aamccaffrey dont be discouraged, i am honestly unsure of what the hell their process is like LOL! i reached out to an admissions counselor and am trying to get some insight on what they are looking for because I felt I have down everything in my power. If they give me any useful information I will post it to help out future applicants or for anyone reapplying!

@fashionluvr6464 Sorry to hear that. Did you have the “pay your tuition” link in MYFIT?
I have the link in Myfit and submitted everything before Feb 1st, but I haven’t heard back anything yet… i think they are going to reject my application as well …

So I got an email back from FIT, Fashion Design Major. They said that April 1st was not the last day but the first day they start sending out decision letters. They proceeded to say that we should be getting them shortly. I turned in all of my materials in January.

However, are there any Fashion Design AAS majors that have received their decision letters yet?
Also did anyone else experience this email, or is just experiencing the same exact situation as me (Fashion AAS)? Thanks!! :slight_smile: