FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

Still no change in COA for me either. I can’t wait to find out about their decision. It’s been so hard to wait patiently. I checked last year’s forum and some people found out on March 23rd so I hope the same thing will happen this year. Also, where did you see that the housing was going up in price @fitfdmom??

I’m in a FIT group chat and someone emailed admissions and they replied back saying they’re sending out decisions on the 22nd

5 Likes

To check your COA go to Financial Aid Resources, then in that section there should be a link that says “Go to My Financial Aid Checklist” and once you click on that you’re going to select the year you’d be receiving Financial Aid and once you’re on your checklist go to Award Overview. Once you’re on the Award Overview page, my daughter can see the family contribution as well as the detailed cost of attendance breakdown. That’s where we saw how much the room and board are for 2021-2022 as an OOS student. It was listed as $27,000 instead of the $15,200 from last year.

Thank you this is really helpful! I really hope your daughter gets in! I also applied this year for fashion design and I’m scared out of my mind!

1 Like

According to previous discussions on this forum, the admission acceptance notification approximate timeline is:

March 22th - Presidential Scholars
March 28th - Outstanding applicants
April 1st - Everyone else.

Sometimes you’ll get an email before your letter.

Please share if you know anything different. Thanks!

Hope you both get accepted!

HI EVERYONE!!! I applied to AMC and am currently waiting on decisions!!! Only a few weeks left, I’m super nervous but hopeful. Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Good luck to you as well, I hope you get in!

1 Like

has anyone’s coa updated yet? mine hasn’t but they have started reviewing my financial aid so i’m hoping it’ll update soon :slight_smile: i haven’t seen anyone whose coa changed get rejected so i’m excited

Did you file the FAFSA application for this year? I’m just wondering because I didn’t and I’m thinking that I probably won’t be able to tell from checking my COA. I believe they only update it if you did-otherwise there would be nothing to review. Thanks in advance!

Does FIT give out scholarships when decisions come out?

yeah if you didn’t fill out your fafsa there won’t be any updates to your financial aid or coa!!

and yes they give awards out after decisions but you can still look at your financial aid checklist (if you did your fafsa) and you can also check your cost of attendance which has been a very good indicator that you’ve been accepted in the past

1 Like

my COA updated and shows how much I received in federal grants, is this a good indication i’ve been accepted?

1 Like

most definitely!

omg that’s crazy, that definitely has to mean some type of acceptance

Wow that’s amazing @fit313!!
My Financial aid is still under review, I hope that’s not a bad sign. The only thing I can see in the awards overview is the Estimated family contribution.

1 Like

Do you all think that if they reviewed my financial aid then that’s a good sign? I know they wouldn’t look at everyone’s financial aid stuff so…

Same what does that mean??

That just means that they have not looked at our financial requirements yet. Hopefully they get to it soon because I am SO anxious

2 Likes