For those going through sorority recruitment

<p>It will be here soon…I spent some time this morning talking with some sorority women from Alabama…they are so excited to meet all of the wonderful PNMS that in just 2 weeks will begin the recruitment process. I have shared this video by NPC but wanted to post it again for those of you who are going through recruitment to watch…(I also posted it on my website).
enjoy!! get excited!!!
<a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un6c-MY4FEY[/url]”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un6c-MY4FEY</a>
and…if this does not post as a link (Because y’all know I am not a computer whiz :slight_smile: )…got to youtube and type in Our Potential. Your Move.mov</p>

<p>What is the final number of girls going through? Did we top 1900???</p>

<p>We are close…1857 last time I checked…so I would guess we will go to 1900 or a little more. Often what we have at convocation goes down a few even before the first rounds of parties. Still looking at quota about 100.
This article was in the Crimson White on 7/25
[Sorority</a> rush numbers at record high | The Crimson White](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>Is Delta Gamma participating in full recruitment this year? Is their house ready? </p>

<p>How exciting it must be to move into a brand new sorority house and participate in the very first recruitment there!</p>

<p>Are there any other colonizations in the near future?</p>

<p>Regarding colonization – according to Greek Chat, Delta Phi Epsilon presented earlier this year, but wasn’t invited to colonize. It would seem that with Alpha Gamma Delta, Tri-Delt and Alpha Delta Pi getting new houses, there would be room to bring at least three new/recolonizing sororities to campus.</p>

<p>Several sororities visited UA this past Spring. The University wants a 5 year commitment which equals lots of $$$$ for a colonizing sorority and it just wasn’t realistic for the houses that visited. I can’t comment on why Delta Phi wasn’t invited but I can say there was some concern that they would not have as successful colonization as APhi and DG had.
The University and UA Panhellenic are open to colonization, it’s just finding a sorority that has the funds.
In regards to the new houses…Tri Delts house needs MAJOR work…I am not sure its a viable option for any sorority that would colonize. ADPi’s house needs some sprucing up as well. I am not sure of the state of Alpha Gam.
We were told that the DG house was supposed to be ready for recruitment :)…And yes…DG will participate in all of formal recruitment.</p>

<p>So, including DG, EIGTHTEEN sororities with pledge classes of 100 each = 1800 girls. Right?</p>

<p>No…16 sororites participate in formal recruitment and they CAN take up to 100 girls…doesn’t mean they will or have to, it will depend on where they are with house total . There will be girls that “drop” due to one reason or another. In addition there will be girls who are cut due to grades ect. Last year 77% of the girls who went through recruitment (1746 signed up and 1710 actually attended the first round of parties) received bids or were placed. After DG finished their colonization that percentage rose to 85%. I don’t want it to come off that DG took “the leftovers” thus raising the percentage. DG pledged an amazing group of young women, some of who participated in the formal recruitment process, some who had participated in past years and hadn’t found their letters and finally first time girls who simply wanted to be a DG.
It is an exciting process and it will be here soon. For all of the young women out there who are anticipating going through in 2013…fall is a good time to start getting organized. Make a stab at a resume…look at your philanthropy (is it strong?? lots of great opportunities), start to make a running list of awards you have achieved and most importantly start lining up those recs. You don’t need to get the actual rec (spring time) but start looking for women who are going to write you a good strong rec.<br>
A recommendation will not get you a bid but with almost 2000 girls going through recruitment it will help each sorority identify who you are (at least on paper) and they will be able to see how you skills and talents can fit into their sorority, thus benefiting them but also helping you grow as well.</p>

<p>Thanks, ahpimommy! We are still a year out for my daughter, but I am so excited for this year’s recruitment, can’t wait to hear more!!!</p>

<p>I am more than happy to chat with you or help as the process gets going…let me know how I can help!</p>

<p>Delta Gamma is indeed participating in fall formal recruitment. Our girls should be moving into the house this Saturday, I believe, if all goes well. We are moving furniture in, but the builders are still doing some work and we have to get that certificate of occupation before anybody can sleep there.</p>

<p>ahpimommy is right - it’s not too early to start asking around about who is in a sorority with an eye to getting those recommendations. Keep a list, and try to find at least 2 women in each sorority who are willing to write a recommendation. In our town, I’m getting a good minute last minute requests. If these girls had been paying attention this spring, it would have been taken care of already. Now, I’ll do it if I can but no guarantees. I have about 30 to write from my hometown alone…and we’re in a small city.</p>

<p>Southlander…me too!!! Had a mom call yesterday asking me to find recs for ALL houses!! she said they didn’t understand that they needed them??? Where have they been? I also said I’d do what I can but can’t guarantee…</p>

<p>i think i would be too embarrassed to ask anyone at this late date. : O</p>

<p>Chi O has stated that they would not take any RIF’s postmarked after July 15. </p>

<p>JULY 16, 2012 UPDATE: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NU BETA CHAPTER OF CHI OMEGA IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING RECRUITMENT INFORMATION FORMS (RIFs) FILLED OUT BY ALUMNAE, COMMONLY KNOWN AS RECOMMENDATIONS, PICTURES, RESUMES, & LETTERS OF SUPPORT WRITTEN BY ALUMNAE (IF ANY) FOR FALL 2012 RECRUITMENT. NU BETA WILL NOT PROCESS ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED DOCUMENTS POSTMARKED AFTER THE JULY 15 DEADLINE. ALSO NOTE THAT THE ALABAMA PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION HAS ADDED ONE DAY TO THE FALL RECRUITMENT PROCESS. PLEASE VISIT THE RECRUITMENT PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.</p>

<p>Thanks…had heard that. DD went to the post box on Friday…lets just say she had a very busy weekend!!!</p>

<p>Got 2 more on my doorstep today. I’m the local panhel rep, so I have to process them, and collate, and get them out to the various sorority reps…then they have to do the same. I’ve contacted a couple of girls when I found out they’re “rushing” and practically had to argue with them…they say, “I’ve got 5 or 6, why do I need more?” Grrrr.</p>

<p>1900 registered! Per the UA Panhellenic Facebook page!</p>

<p>Its going to be a looooong week for both sides!<br>
Best of luck everyone!</p>

<p>I think they’re a little too enthusiastic. It was 1,862 as of tonight. But who knows - I think they added around 20 or so today…probably will add some every day until it begins. I know of one repeat who is signing up at the last possible minute. She thinks nobody in town will know she’s signed up if she does it late. Hah!</p>

<p>I’m wondering if the Recruitment Guides (manuals/magazine) ever went out. No guide has arrived here…DD registered the first day it was live online. I know there were changes due to the restructuring of Rush days which caused a delay but geez…</p>

<p>asaunmom: I am no Greek Life expert, but I just looked at the website and saw this:</p>

<p>We anticipate that a PDF copy of the recruitment guide will be available on the UA Panhellenic website by Monday, July 16. Bound copies of the recruitment guide will be mailed to all registered participants starting Friday, July 20.</p>

<p>If you would like to receive a bound copy of the Greek Chic prior to Convocation, on Friday, August 10, then you will need to register for recruitment and pay the registration fee. Women who register after July 15 will receive a copy of the Greek Chic at Convocation. To access an PDF version of the Greek Chic Recruitment Guide, please click here: [UA</a> Greek Chic 2012](<a href=“http://issuu.com/katgillan/docs/greek_chic_2012_final]UA”>UA Greek Chic 2012 by Kat Gillan - Issuu)</p>