Fordham University Early Action Decisions Fall 2023

I was very wrong! No room, just tuition. So sorry for misspeaking.

No worries. Honestly, I was only trying to help you. Didn’t want lots of time to go by if you were mistaken.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah the offer language is confusing that they guarantee four years of housing. But they do that as finding an aptmt in NY is very expensive for any off campus options if space in the dorms is not guaranteed.

2 Likes

that tracks!

Another instance of them being a bit sloppy with communication. I could totally understand the confusion!

2 Likes

Usually not one to complain but Fordham’s financial aid is absolutely appalling. Got accepted EA and just got my aid offer. They’re expecting us to pay almost twice as much as the net price calculator estimated (56k a year compared to 30k on net price ). Meanwhile Case Western is asking for less than half of that (21k with other scholarships on the way and work study programs). It’s extremely disheartening to be accepted into an otherwise amazing school just for the opportunity to attend to be ripped away

4 Likes

3.6 uw/4.02 w and 1380 SAT, and I received ~10k in need-based but also 12,500 merit

2 Likes

You could appeal - you could share the FA and merit package from Case. Maybe they’d adjust it.

3 Likes

Going to appeal financial aid, and wondered if anyone knows whether Fordham would consider merit only scholarships from Univ of Dayton, which is a Marianist, not Jesuit college? Would that matter? Or does Fordham focus on what their peer institutions have awarded and final cost at those schools?

1 Like

Anyone invited to the to the Gabelli Ignite Scholars program or know anything about it beyond what’s on the website? Wondering if there’s special housing, etc.

Has anyone heard from the Honors college at Rose Hill or the Presidential Scholarship? I heard back in Dec. with the NMSF scholarship but have not been updated with any info on either of the above even though I indicated interest.

1 Like

I think word comes out about Cuniffe around April 1. Not sure about RH Honors.

3 Likes

No update on the honors and the presidential scholarship.

2 Likes

I think they’d only be interested in peers or aspirant peers that are offering more.

2 Likes

Wonder if they’d look at what Tulane offered for financial aid. (Fordham doesn’t even require additional info like 1040s like other high tiered schools do to get a more accurate picture. The CSS when one’s self employed is FLAWED.)

1 Like

My daughter emailed the RH Honors program and was told decisions haven’t been finalized. March or April.

5 Likes

Anyone got bumped up to Cuniffe after becoming NM finalist?

did you? mine just says fordham recognition

Not yet

I don’t think that comes out until all decisions have been released in April. On the site it says “April 1 Notification,” so it seems it will be a bit of a wait.

4 Likes