Fordham University Early Action Decisions Fall 2023

Has anyone received less than $20K in total aid (merit + financial grants)?

anyone that received merit aid mind sharing their stats?

I received 15,500 in needs based grant (not including loans) but with Fordham going up in COA, the overall charge would be too expensive for me.

Am I crazy for thinking I should have received some merit aid?
My stats are 3.99 uw / 4.40 w.

2 Likes

Wish Fordham went in the other direction with tuition freeze/resets instead of increases.

6 Likes

Our experience - my son is a freshman at Fordham - deferred early action last year, accepted spring. He got about 24k in need based aid and appealed and got another 5k. When my son wrote to appeal the financial aid it was an easy experience and made the difference in our family for him to be able to attend.

1 Like

Nearly $89k for a year!!! For Fordham! That’s nuts for any college but this is cray cray…. OMG

Not afordham…

4 Likes

Agree 100%. Just not sustainable. Unlimited fed loans means colleges can continue the trajectory with nary a repercussion. Fordham is not alone in this. Everyone else is in as well.

1 Like

You are correct - it is shameful. There are other adjectives I could use, but I think that one is perfect. Fordham should be ashamed of itself!

3 Likes

My daughter received around $10k in merit aid, and around $15,000 in financial aid. Not only is the school still super-expensive, but financial aid is not, of course, guaranteed. With another child in college for two more years, and being self-employed with a fluctuating income, it is very possible that the financial aid will decrease over my daughter’s college years, while the cost of Fordham will surely increase. Unfortunately, that combination makes Fordham a likely “no” for her.

2 Likes

My son got a full ride with room and board for 4 years. He is a NMSF, chemistry major.

5 Likes

Congrats !!

Many Congrats. Did he apply for fin aid or did he get the room + board right away in the admission decision. I thought most NMSF only get Tuition off at admission.

He got the offer for room and board in the initial acceptance update, along with the tuition. We were very surprised!

That’s great. Is it a top choice with the full ride?

It would be MY first choice, but he is not really a fan of cold weather. I think the Northern winters would be a shock to his system. Our other son goes to school in Michigan and he has had enough of the snow. It’s in his top 5, but I have a feeling he’ll choose a southern school. We shall see!

Is it the Cuniffe Scholarship? That’s the full ride.

The Recognition Scholarship is full tuition.

congrats! did he get the cuniffee? because my scholarship was full tuition, but I have to pay room+board

The word Cuniffe was never mentioned, but Recognition Scholarship was. They discussed the offer of tuition and then the offer of 4 years of housing was a few sentences later.

I think they are just guaranteeing availability of on campus housing, but you would pay. The Cuniffe full ride is still possible though. I think it is announced later.

1 Like

Gotcha! We read it incorrectly, then…whoops! My bad!

I was mistaken! Sorry for any confusion. He’s just been offered tuition. My brain is absolutely fried by this whole application process. My other son applied to 4 colleges and this one applied to 12. I can’t keep up…lol!

1 Like