Franklin & Marshall Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter accepted with merit plus acceptance into the Diplomatic Leadership Program. Anyone familiar with this program?

2 Likes

Waitlisted for the 3rd time. Not sure what is happening. DD has unweighted 4.0, leadership in EC, Varisty sports, Honors, APā€¦

2 Likes

My D got in with a modest aid offer. She is quite excited. It was perhaps a slight reach for her on straight academic record, but I imagine that her interview, (what I thought) was a great essay, and strong, diverse ECs helped her a great deal. Congrats to those who got in!

To @MonkMama, very sorry to hear that. We watched my Dā€™s friend go through that last yearā€¦she racked up several waitlists before the story ended happily with an acceptance to the most selective school on her list (Haverford.) Remember itā€™s not personal. At the end of the day itā€™s a numbers game. Stay hopeful and good luck to you.

3 Likes

Thank you. That is what we keep trying to tell her. Still have not heard from her top 2.

Congrats to yours though!

Just noticed my DD had this letter as well and came back to see if anybody else knew anything about this. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Hiā€¦which letter are you referring to? Thanks

Hi There - My son was accepted to F&M for the Fall of '23 and weā€™d love to talk with existing students not referred to us by the admission team. My son and I think the Admissions team did an exceptional job, and weā€™d also like to ensure we get a very objective opinion on specific topics.

Does anyone know a current F&M student we could reach out to?

2 Likes

I am a parent of an F&M freshman. If you want to connect, I might be of help.

My son was accepted to F&M with a very modest merit aid scholarship. I think financially it ends up being out of our reach. Hopefully this means someone on the waitlist will get in!

Hiā€¦How does your Freshman like the school? Is the size a problem?
Any pros or cons you or they can share?
Thanks!

Hiā€¦did your son make a decision? Did you visit over the weekend?
Any thoughts?

did anyone receive a waitlist confirmation email?

Yes, I did. I am curious did everyone from the waitlist get it?

1 Like

same here. it seemed positive and F&M is known for email astrology. Can anyone from the waitlist applicants confirm this?

1 Like

Btw, are you from US or you have applied as an international student?

1 Like

int student.

1 Like

Received it as an international student

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten an update yet about the waitlist?

1 Like

Did you get an update yet? Still nothing here

Have you gotten your waitlist decision yet?