Fraternities

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I know that the frats at UM don't have an overwhelming presence, but can anyone give me an overview of them - what they stand for, etc?</p>

<p>I'm not very well informed on this but as far as I can say, all the frats. and sororities have "suites" on the same building. The don't have "houses" like in other schools. The sites mostly have a lot of couches and a tv some are different of course, but it's mainly a hangout place. Some suites have these locks on the door that you can only open with a numerical code that I assume the members only know. they are not a mandatory part of campus life. Some people choose to be more into the Greek life, others are more involved in organizations. As for, what each of them stand for I really don't know but maybe you can find something here: </p>

<p>Interested</a> in Greek Life? | University of Miami</p>

<p>Actually, none of the sororities have houses, but some of the frats do. Sigma Chi, Phi Delta Theta, Lambda Chi Alpha, Pi Kappa Alpha, Kappa Sigma, and Zeta Beta Tau all have houses. SAE is building one now.</p>

<p>Rush PIKE--They hang out with DGs, hottest sorority on campus.</p>