FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Same here. Son OOS

1 Like

Ok yeah I just checked again, I didnā€™t get the email but the status thing still changed so I have no clue what any of that means

I think weā€™re packed

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ll just take another look at UFā€™s portal again then

1 Like

Yeah, nothing on UF rn so Iā€™ll just wait for 24th for that one. Hopefully I bag FSU today

2 Likes

No way they couldnā€™t be accurate. I have a daughter at fsu now and received the email at 231 am. It is their fsu Id etc. same email we got after my older daughter was accepted. IT just jumped the gun on creating accounts. We are in state, but didnā€™t apply by the in state early action deadline. Iā€™m sure not all emails went out. They do accept a large number of people and creating all of those accounts takes time.

1 Like

Yeah. Because thereā€™s so much accountability and honesty in government agencies.

Creating accounts takes zero time. Itā€™s an automated process thatā€™s integrated with the admissions system. There arenā€™t a bunch of data entry people creating these things. Someone forgot to uncheck the automated email box.

Gotcha. Will be interesting to see if admissions line up with email received. They were sent out by UF last night too and UF admissions is adamantly saying itā€™s a mistake and that receiving the email has absolutely no bearing on who is admitted. That they havenā€™t even entered decisions into the system yet.

Yes I know. Was just joking. Hence, the LOL

3 Likes

Make sense, my sonā€™s application was still under review this morning, changed to awaiting decision two hours ago and went away completely a short while ago. Clearly he was in limbo before the emails went out. I wonder if it was by school or major? I know with other universities he applied to some of the schools within the university entered data at different times.

Has the status thing changed for anyone else? It disappeared for me like 1.5 hours ago

Did anyone else get nominated as a Presidential Scholar ? Does this mean they are accepted into the honors college?

1 Like

I will be really curious to know if anyone that didnā€™t get the morning email still gets accepted. If that is you please let us know.

2 Likes

It seems like these emails are legitimate, but the fact that UF also sent out emails and is claiming their decisions arenā€™t even finalized is worrisome. I truly hope it wasnā€™t some major hack. Regardless, both schools need to issue decisions now, if they have them, and not keep kids waiting or guessing.

1 Like

Might be a good sign for us who didnā€™t get the email!!

1 Like

So about 30 minutes ago on my sons portal had a Presidential Scholar tab . Now itā€™s gone

1 Like

I hope their employees arenā€™t alumni from the IT program, lol.

1 Like

Mine too! Wonder what the heck happened.

So after diving into the bowels of the Internet (Reddit, etc.), seeing FSUā€™s ā€œofficialā€ response and the email that was sent out, I am convinced that those who received it are in and those who did not receive it are not in. This was a major screw up - FSU isnā€™t owning it and has made it worse with their BS response. Iā€™m sure their hope is that the issue and any fallout from it will just go away because, well, the only people thatā€™ll be complaining are those that didnā€™t get in and FSU has no vested interest in these people.

Ironic they do this the day after sending out the ā€œHow to be there for your stressed childā€ email.

1 Like