FSU vs. UTK for business?

I’m a senior in HS and I’m currently deciding between Florida State and University of Tennessee for college. I’m studying business. I just visited UTK and I loved it, and I’m impressed with Haslam’s rankings. On the other hand, FSU is definitely harder to get into, which is good, and I love the warm weather. I am concerned, however, that it’s business school doesn’t seem to be ranked as highly. The prices are virtually the same, so that wont impact my decision too much. Does anyone have any pros and cons for either school, or any info on how their business schools compare? Thanks!

They are indistinguishable from one another - unless you are looking at Supply Chain - where UTK is one of the tops in the country.

You can’t go by rank - or difficulty. Both are solid flagships.

UTK is a bit more urban - the campus is very different. It’ll be colder but it’s near the mountains.

FSU is - just more suburbanish - although it’s in downtown Thassee - just a smaller city.

For supply chain, UTK.

For finance, likely FSU.

For anything, honestly though, go what feels best to you.

If rankings matter to you, for undergraduate business, I saw Tennessee at 39 and FSU at 42. There is really no difference between the two.

After graduation, do you think you might prefer living in Florida or Tennessee?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.