Full tuition scholarships only for top one percent?

How many full-tuition scholarships does Miami have? The net price calculator suggests that one needs to be in the top one percent of one’s class to receive a full-tuition scholarship. Is this correct? My son has a great ACT (35, trying for 36 superscore) and other stats but attends a highly competitive high school. His 3.94/4.28 g.p.a. puts him only in the top three percent.

Some are targeted for minority applicants, others for residents of certain states, etc.

They are all highly competitive and encompass more than numbers.

Please note that UMiami is extremely generous in providing Merit Scholarships in the $15k - $25k range. These are not that hard to get for good students.

@londondad Right now my son is looking hard at Alabama, where he gets automatic full tuition, and Tulane, which gives quite a few full-tuition scholarships. Just thinking about adding Miami to our list as it has a good business and accounting program, but it won’t happen without full tuition or close to it. I suppose it can’t hurt to visit and if he likes it roll the dice.

You are right, it is worth checking out and applying if he likes it. They seem to want to attract more high stat kids with merit money. I think if you apply ED or EA you might have a better chance of a high merit award. Good luck.