1 Like

So happy for everyone!

Congrats all! Still waiting for mine to get home!:joy:

1 Like

Good luck! Let us know!

1 Like

Accepted with 30K Bell Tower scholarship!:confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Yay!!! We’ve all gotta get together at the March event!

Our son has a former soccer teammate that plays soccer for Furman, so we’re going Friday to watch them play, then attend the admitted students thing on Saturday.

I haven’t seen the admitted student event dates yet, is that in the info sent today?

No, its called Furman forward I think…let me find the link

Edit: I saw it the other day…now I can’t find it. Our son and his sister wants food, so we’re gonna grab some food. I guess he’s earned a meal after all this…lol! I’ll keep looking!

1 Like

I’m happy for all here who heard good news from Furman today! (Especially for NoogMan and their DS! I was rooting for you guys!)

My S23 was accepted with a Bell Tower scholarship. He checked the portal with me on the phone and sounded surprised and thrilled. As for me, I didn’t realize how emotional I would be about this one! We haven’t visited yet, but now the trip we tentatively planned for Feb is a “go” and we’re excited!!

4 Likes

Lol, I haven’t stopped crying!!! The other acceptances have meant nothing to him…this was what he wanted… he’s in shock at the moment…lol.

Mucho congrats to yours also! Gonna be a great freshman class!

2 Likes

My son was accepted too - yay! We’re from the Chicago area and haven’t visited yet… but will likely plan to go to the Furman Forward event on Friday 3/31. I’m a little worried about whether he’ll fit in coming from the midwest, but it otherwise ticks so many boxes for him and seems like a great school. We’re excited to visit! Another school he’s very interested in that we have visited is Rollins in Florida. If anyone has any thoughts between the two, please share. Thanks and congrats to everyone!

1 Like

The waiting is killing me – we are in Calif & my son was at school when decisions were released. Now, we see (from credit card usage) that he’s out with teammates at a pre-game meal before his soccer game at 6. I don’t think he’ll check until after the game - which may be a good idea just in case…

1 Like

I can’t answer your question about Furman compared to Rollins but can share that our tour guide 2 years ago was from Lake Forest. She mentioned similar concerns coming from the Midwest/Chicago suburbs/ and not having much experience in the South. At that time she was a Furman senior and shared one story after the other of how her concerns were dispelled and how she treasured her time at FU, including joining a sorority, which was a very different experience from her perspective based on TV and movies.

All that to say, I hope you have a wonderful visit and that your student can get a real sense of the school.

4 Likes

Steglitz… what’s the word? Mine has been playing club and school soccer for years. He’s not playing for the Paladins (he’s there for academics), BUT, at the bottom of his acceptabce letter, the Dean of Admissions had noticed his soccer career and asked him to play on the intramural team.

I thought that was a very nice footnote by the admissions staff. He had planned to keep playing in pickup games or whatever he could find for “fun” anyway, so that should be cool.

Let us know when he gets off the pitch!

Deferred, large public hs in nc

31 ACT
4.29 GPA
IB Diploma candidate
Football player
Part-time job
Musician

Crazy that there were that many better ea candidates… congrats!

Guess they read that his father went to Wofford :slight_smile:

Did your child apply to Wofford too? We’re thrilled over here for a furman acceptance but still waiting to hear from wofford. I’m hoping she gets in there as well to compare financials.

She’s in state 4.6w, no scores, varsity captain, moderate extracurriculars

Interestingly, he is a Wofford scholar there- with about 27K a year. I guess Furman is just a little bit more selective…or something…

1 Like

Mine hasn’t heard from Wofford yet either, but he liked Furman a lot more than Wofford after visiting. Everyone is different, and both are fantastic schools. Mine is also waiting on Clemson and UNC Chapel hill, but he just filled his shopping cart with shirts from the Furman Spirit store online… he got into his #1 and will be withdrawing admissions to CoC, USC, and PC.

1 Like

D23 got deferred as well.

OOS
32 act (33 superscore)
4.7 weighted gpa
10 AP’s
Very good EC’s/part time job and strong essay

We hadn’t visited yet but planned on doing so if she got in.

Glad to have some other options like UGA, Auburn and waiting on several decisions in the coming weeks (Sewanee, UVA, W & L)

Congrats to all that got in! I hear good things about Furman.