GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

You are certainly very qualified to be accepted by GT. However, as you said, GT is very competitive for OOS and thus a reach for every OOS student.

If your target field is business, I think you look very strong.

If you are applying CS, your math courses don’t seem to stand out, and you don’t seem to have CS background (AP CS courses or CS related EC).

If you are applying engineering, your STEM courses don’t seem strong enough. There is no AP Phy C, AP Bio, or AP Chem in your stats.

I am doing Physics C and AP Chem this year… my school canceled them last year.
My full senior year class schedule:
AP Physics C: Mechanics/E&M
AP Chemistry
AP Literature
TA (for chem teacher)
AP CS Principles
Band
Orchestra
I am doing EE.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

also to clarify I did Core Biology at local Community College this semester and got an A (unfortunately won’t show to Tech)

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. This will make your case very strong. I think you have good chance for EE. Good luck!.

3 Likes

Yes, MidwestMom6, I got in!

4 Likes

Guys what are my chances for Georgia Tech??

I applied from India in EA2

Major:Computer Science(College of Arts and Sciences)

ACT: 36/36

SAT Subject Test: Maths 2 and Chemistry-800/800

Grades: 10th-96.6%(School 3rd, All India CS Topper); 11th-94%(Both mid year and finals-school topper); 12th-99.25%(School Topper); Unfortunately, school does not report rank, but says top 5%(I have been the subject topper in all subjects, so I made 2 of my teachers put that in their LORs)

APs-I just gave the papers, as my school follows the Indian board ICSE/ISC and does not offer classes. Calculus BC, Physics C Mechanics, Chemistry, Computer Science A, and EVS-all 5

ECs: I did a lot of STEM related work. Full details regarding my profile is available on my site here: https://www.arhaanaggarwal.com/

Essays: I think I wrote a good GTech Essay which showed a lot of interest. My community essay was based around a volunteer organisation I started during the pandemic to run errands for the elderly at no extra cost to them. My Common App Essay was also very good and everyone I showed it to liked it a lot.

LORs: I submitted recs from my CS(teacher taught me in 9th, 11th, and 12th) and Chemistry(teacher taught me in 11th and 12th) teachers. They both loved me, and I am sure that my CS rec was extraordinary, and even my Chemistry rec would’ve been pretty good(as good as the teacher could’ve given). According to the Chemistry teacher it was the best rec she had ever written. The only thing I see with my recs is that my CS rec was around 3-4 pages long.

Your application is very good! It’s hard to chance you because I’m not very familiar with international apps.

Hey @Arhaan!
I saw you on the Stanford CC forum a couple of days ago. We seem to have a lot of colleges in common. Your application is undeniably awesome and I really hope you get in. See you around!

Hi @ToonLink8843

I just saw your post on the Wisconsin Madison CC Forum today. We do have a ton of colleges in common. Glad to see you got in to Wisconsin. Thanks man, I hope you get into your top choice colleges too. If you don’t mind me asking, what was your Stanford decision?

Also, you seem to have great stats. What were your ECs??

Would I be here if I got accepted to Stanford? :joy:
It’s super cool that you have an ICSE/ISC background! I was in ICSE until 10th grade.

1 Like

Good point, though I was wondering if deferral or rejection ?? Thanks, ICSE board rocks unless you’re actually in it :joy:

1 Like

True. That’s why I transferred to IBDP.

For the EA2 (OOS) posters…

I looked at last year’s thread and the release was Jan 18th which is the 3rd Saturday of the month. So, probably 16th of January this year. <— that’s just a guess, so don’t put it on the calendar.

3 Likes

They said that, but also said they’d release in “early January” which would imply on or before the 15th, would it not?

it makes sense that they would release earlier since they’ve already done the instate decisions right?

Here it says EA2 release date is “Mid-January”.

I’d love for “mid” to be earlier than the 16th.

4 Likes

For non-GA applicants, GT’s scholarship calendar shows Jan. 13th as the date for Stamps semifinalists announcement.

For GA applicants, IIRC, this announcement was made on Dec. 11th, a week after their decisions were released on Dec. 4th.

So, can we infer that the decisions for non-GA applicants will be released on Jan. 6th?! I hope so!

6 Likes

Wow thanks! I really hope it’s Jan 6.

1 Like