GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

Housing opens Jan 9th. They postponed housing registration to January I presume because OOS students were waiting to hear so my assumption is that they will hear before housing opens.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m also from India and got into Wisconsin as well. Nice to see so many Indian applicants lol.

Hi @Netherminx great to see so many Indians. Congrats on Wisconsin. How’s your Early Applications results panning out yet? Could you share your profile with us.

I got accepted to wisconsin, umass amherst, deferred by harvard, and thankfully rejected by none yet. I didn’t take the sat/act/ielts/toefl, only the duolingo english test. I switched from ICSE to state board after 10th (92%) for JEE preparation (11th- 88%, 12th - 97%). Applying as an EE major. Pretty Avg. grades. Lot of personal robotics projects and also part of a university robotics team since 8th grade. Won some competitions at some college technical festivals like IITs and others. I feel I have strong essays and maybe strong LORs as well. Overall an avg. profile tbh.

1 Like

For GTech, I understand there is another portal, used for financial aid. If we are not looking into receiving financial aid, is it okay if we don’t open an account there?

Hey Guys, this question is for the kids that applied EA1. From where and when did you get to know that GTech result will come out on December 4??

They posted the date on their instagram and twitter @GTAdmissions like 2 weeks before decision date. They also updated their admissions website with the actual date instead of saying “Mid-December”. Good luck!

4 Likes

Any updates?

is anyone brave enough to call the admissions office? lol

2 Likes

Im thinking the 6th.
When EA decisions were released on Dec 4th they posted on the twitter that they would be released on the 2nd(2 days before) so maybe we will hear something tomorrow? Idk if that even makes sense but I really hope decisions are coming out soon

3 Likes

hopefully! lol crossing my fingers tbh. IDK why they can’t just pick a date and let us know? ya know?

3 Likes

I’m an EA1 applicant. On their Instagram, they announced the decision date on November 12th.

We have extremely similar profiles! I also got into umass and wisconsiin!!!

1 Like

Ohh, glad to hear that. Would you mind telling us about your profile and college decisions so far :slight_smile: .

GT applicant portal says the decision date is Jan. 23rd.

1 Like

Mine says it as well. Looks like we’ll be hearing then!

Mine says that also- thats so far away WHYYYY

3 Likes

Just got notice that EA2 decisions come out January 23. Does this mean IS will get first look at housing? As OOS parent I would have a real problem with paying higher tuition and not getting housing choice until two plus weeks after IS. I understand IS/OOS admission process, but housing should not be preferential to IS. I’ve never seen that anywhere else.

3 Likes

Housing preference is based on commitment deposits. I think it’s around $850 to sign up for housing? Even in-state many people wait to do that because of the expense and uncertainty over where they will attend. There will certainly be some in-state people who are 100% sure they are going to Georgia Tech that deposit very early and other people who are willing to risk 850.00. This is probably not much different than prior years because I think it would be more difficult for many to commit early (particularly out of state since in state has free tuition) without knowing financial packages.

For what it is worth, there are only two dorms that are likely affected. That would be Glenn and towers on the east side which are the most recently renovated on that side of campus. The vast majority of other dorms are very similar. Those are often in state people anyway.

How is it that the EA2 decisions are supposed to come out on Jan 23, but on the scholarship calendar, Stamps semifinalists are still supposed to be notified on Jan 13? Will some EA2 applicants be notified prior to others, I wonder?

2 Likes