George Washingotn University Chance Me

GW is my dream school and I am completely in love! I want to major in biological anthropology and pursue a pre-med track. What are my chances?

My school doesn’t do GPA so these are my grades out of 100
UW: 96.4
W: 98.5
PSAT: 1370
SAT: 1430

Large Pubilc High School in Central NY
White female

Courses
Freshman: Earth Science (only non honors class I have taken), Geometry H, Pre-AP World, Girl’s Choir, Band, English 9H

Sophomore: AP World (4), Bio H, Algerbra 2/Trig H, Concert Chorale (audition only choir at school, considered to be the “best”), English H, Current World Issues, Public Speaking

Junior: Chem H, AP English Language (5), SUNY US Hisotry, Pre Calc H, Human Anatomy, OCC Health, Concert Chorale

Senior: AP Bio, AP English Composition, AP Government, SUPA Sociology, Concert Chorale, OCC Personal Safety, OCC Calculus

EC:
Barbershop Chorus (founding member, 1 year, Plateau AA 2017 Champions)
Show Choir (all 4 years, treasurer my junior and senior year)
Senior Class Treasurer
School Play (all 4 years)
Musical (Treasurer from sophomore year on, head student costumer for sophomore and junior year)
Science Olympiad (junior year)
Scrubs Club (junior and senior year)
Concert Chorale (audition only choir, member since sophomore year)
Jazz Chamber Choir (junior and senior year)
Volunteer:
Vacation Bible School Counselor (every summer since 8th grade)
Lector and Eucharistic Minister (sophomore year on)
NHS (junior year on)
Hospital Volunteer (40 hours)
Shadowing a pediatrician (not sure how many hours yet, but should be about 30 by time of application)

Awards:
Excellence in Science in Human Anatomy (these awards given to two students per class)
Excellence in Science in Honors Chemistry
Sage Scholars Award (with a $10,000 yearly scholarship to Sage Colleges)

You have as good of a shot as anyone. You look pretty solid, maybe slightly low test scores and amount of APs, but I don’t think you should be concerned. I think that GW is a high match/low reach for you. As long as you really hit it off with the essays, you should be okay. See if you can do an interview…those are really helpful.

Good luck!

Thank you!

You’ve got a great shot at acceptance. I’d be very surprised if you didn’t get in. Keep up the good work, and put some time and heart into your essay!