George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

@maira91 I just got off the phone with the admissions office. The lady was really helpful. She said that a few decisions came out within the last 24 hours and they were completely random… so theres no need to worry, we should be receiving them soon. she said my application and everything were complete, just need to wait and see.

okay thats awesome hopefully we hear back before the 31st

@gwuhope @maira91 What college and major are you guys applying for at GW?

@Miniman1673 I am a political science major and columbian college of arts and sciences

I applied to Elliott for International Relations

@Miniman1673 I’ve been studying in DC since 8th grade, but I’m basically an international student. I sent an email to financial aid, and they told me that they haven’t made award letters yet. I’m guessing they are going to accept more people and than they are going to make the awards letter.

@gwuhope I submitted my application on April 15th (Last day). I have a friend who submitted his application the same day, and he has not heard anything back yet. I applied as a political science major, and he applied as an architecture major.

I applied late march as a psychology major and I still haven’t heard back at all

has anyone received anything?

I just called admissions because of deposit deadline I have for June 3rd, and they told me to expect a decision June to mid-July

Nothing yet last year there was a big drop on May 31st. Hoping for the same thing this year.

I applied a month or so before the deadline and haven’t heard anything. I also don’t have my cost of attendance calculated or any financial aid updates. Hopefully we all hear back soon! I really hope I get accepted, while I may not be attending I have some stuff that is contingent on me receiving admission.

hopefully we hear back by 2:30 pm since there was some acceptances last year at that time

@maira91 I hope so. It seems that from May 31st to July of 2018 there were only 2 waves. I hope that we won’t be waiting until July due to the small drop 2 weeks ago.

It doesn’t seem like we’re getting decisions today ugh. Unless they release them super late or after the admissions office is closed. That’s what UMD did, they released all decisions on a Friday after admissions was closed to avoid frantic phone calls, etc.

Sorry to hear that some of you guys haven’t heard back yet. I have received my acceptance letter about 3 weeks ago.

Anyone knows or contact the school to see if transfers usually house together or how the housing for transfers works?

@TripleAA I haven’t explored housing yet but I’ll be transferring with 60+ units from my understanding we are required to stay on campus until after Junior year.

Every school is different I also applied to Syracuse and got accepted into the CAS Maxwell School for International Relations. I ended up not putting a deposit up because of GWU and a few other schools on the UC side that had deposits due later. Short version of the story is I applied in March and was accepted 3 weeks later even though it stated June-July so my deposit was due on May 1st and they didn’t even have my Financial Aid done to even know what I was getting into financially.

There I had planned to live off campus if I attended but if I get into GW I will live on campus.

@TripleAA you got your decision 3 weeks ago?! When did you submit your application?

hopefully we can hear by Monday because this is taking a little longer than expected

@lycoris Yes, they got back to me in May. I applied in the first week of March. Hope they get back to you soon.
Does anyone know about housing for transfers tho? Do we end up housing with all transfer students?