George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

Does GW send the admission/rejection letter by mail or email?

@wilsonviii they send an email notifying you that your decision is ready for you to check your portal

omg i got in!!!

They sent decisions out ???

@ohhunty how did you get your decision? I see nothing on my portal

@yikestm I haven’t gotten anything. That freaked me out for a second

I just got accepted!!! but I cannot see my cost of attendance or my award letter.

Congratulations to those that got accepted today.
My portal hasn’t changed from last week.

@wilsonviii Are you a International applicant?

My portal hasn’t changed as well either:/

@gwuhope i got an email around 2 pm today! i didn’t see any changes to my main portal either… i’m an international applicant so i wasn’t able to see if there were any changes in the financial aid portal

my gpa went down a bit this semester and i’m really scared they might take back my admission :frowning: is this something that usually happens?

im so confused. how are you guys getting your acceptances so early? when did you submit your application?

I got my acceptance around 10 am this morning! So out of the blue…especially since I submitted my application ridiculously late (April 13th, yes I suck that much)… don’t worry @gwuhope, good things are coming your way!

I got my acceptance around 12pm yesterday, I literally applied the last minute on the last day to apply, so I don’t think when you applied matters.
Here are my stats:
College GPA: 4.0 with 60 credits already completed
Major: political science

Extracurricular activities: Student Government senator, president and established a public bus transportation discount pass to all students at my college as sga president. I also help organize and establish the first ever Hispanic celebration on my campus for Hispanic heritage month, also I’m Hispanic male.

I hope this helps please let me know if you need anymore help and good luck to all!!!

Does anyone have any idea when the next wave will be out then? I feel like this one was kind of random lol

I submitted my application on April 14th. Everything was checked off and my Fin Aid said completed Monday morning then yesterday afternoon they added 1 more requirement do to the submission of a non custodial waiver request. So now it is back to please submit missing documents. Hopefully we will see some more acceptances in the coming weeks.

yea I hope to hear back. I did email them yesterday to make sure everything was intact. Im kinda nervous because I submitted my application in December and all my financial aid stuff was done in the beginning of February. so im here like ahhh whats going on.

@gwuhope I wouldn’t be nervous it is still very early. Something similar happened last year where a handful of applicants were admitted early then on May 31st there was a big drop. People who were admitted end of June into July were offered Spring transfers.

@gwuhope I turned in my app early as well around February ughhhhh