George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

@Miniman1673 You said you sent in your spring transcript, did you get a request to submit it? Or you just sent it on your own? I ask because idk whether I should submit mine or wait till they ask for it. I dont want it to be the reason I dont get accepted loll

@gwuhope I sent it in on my own based off a change I had to the common application. When I originally completed the app it *didn’t have planned courses for Spring so I emailed the change the day I sent my application in to GWU. They responded back with “Thank you for the update we look forward to receiving your Spring grades when they are available” so I just sent them in.

Still haven’t heard anything yet. Transferring as a rising junior. They received my final spring grades a few days ago…pretty anxious about decisions. Will they be sending us an email or should we be checking our portals daily?

I created an account just to add that I haven’t received a decision yet either. I applied to SMPA the day before the deadline, but from what have read here it looks as if when you applied has no bearing on when you get your decision. I have to commit to American University by the end of the month, so they better hurry it up.

Also, I was emailed and asked to provide tax returns last month, yet GWEB shows my documents having been recieved and “ready for review”. Oh, and to those of you that are talking about the “portal”… Are you referring to the GWEB thing?

@WaitingBlowz Yes the portal I am referring to is GWEB in the financial aid section. My docs show the same thing “ready for review”. I have no change in the academic tab under review for 2019-2020 year as others spoke about last year.

Has anybody heard anything today?

@Eiliserose nope still nothing. you?

I still heaven’t heard anything. Tbh, this whole ordeal has really begun to turn me off from the school. This is very unprofessional…

@WaitingBlowz seriously !! and its already June 10th!

Well, I was up against the deadline and decided to commit to AU, so I’m taking myself out of the running. At least the competition will be one applicant less competitive now. :stuck_out_tongue: Good luck everyone!

If anyone that was already accepted is still following can let us know what the deposit deadline was for you?

I have decided to commit to USC because the whole application process at GWU is really unprofessional. I thought I could handle the wait but with other schools responding so quickly it makes not like their admin already. It might deter future students from applying because of how inconsiderate they are to the ‘regular’ transfer timeline, it goes against many people’s schedules.

@maira91 Couldn’t agree more.

how does GWU alert you of the decision? email, portal, snail mail? also has anyone gotten declined? hope these decisions come SOON I’m anxious

Still nothing

same. annoyed.

Stilllll nothing. Anyone else have any updates?

Nothing here

Man I’m getting nervous. My friends just got into Howard on Monday and it’s just tough not knowing how to approach the next steps. Do I look for housing with them? Do I wait it out? I really thought that we would hear back last Thursday.

Got my email today at 1:06. Accepted from a liberal arts school in NY, 3.7 gpa, leadership awards and extracurriculars. Just to help others :slight_smile: I had good reason for transfer and was super active on campus! Lower gpa also due to serious illness which became part of my journey