George Washington University Transfer

@msport- no COA displayed

Did every one else get a request for spring transcripts?

I did not - but have a financial aid change.

@msport yes I actually did read the thread. Sass not necessary. If you read previous years threads, you too would be aware that admissions statuses were changing almost daily with them pushing it back/ some students hearing early. Thanks for the snarky response though.

last years are irrelevant because the process is 100% different this year (new portal, one month later app due date)

Even though it’s pretty much confirmed/(guaranteed?) we are getting decisions no sooner than June, let’s hope for that slight chance there could be some decisions released this Friday!

New update guys: I’m leaving this in the comments not to stress anyone who doesn’t have these updates out but so we can leave a point of reference for next year’s transfers, since we are the first transfer class using this new portal.

I went onto GWeb from my portal: Financial Aid Menu → My Eligibility → (here there are three tabs, "Student Requirements, Holds, and Academic Progress). → Academic Progress

Under Academic Progress:
Effective Term: Fall 2018

This leads me to believe (fingers crossed, hopefully not playing myself) I was accepted. Also, when looking at the “Student Requirements” tab, I see that my financial aid documents have now updated to “Requirement Satisfied” as of May 18, 2018. Which means the portal updated my information 5 days ago.

I’m not gonna get my hopes up because I’ve applied to 10 schools and throughout the process have seen people with similar changes end up getting denied or waitlisted - but this looks promising if everything turns out to be what it appears in the portal.

Let me know if any of you see this/have this!

@msport-do not have this

@msport Dude you’ll be fine…your stats are great and I saw some of the schools you applied to. You’ll get into George Washington don’t stress over it. When you get here just have fun, get good grades and network your a** off. Life is good.

I have - needs Review - Not Evaluated Fall 2018

I won’t see anything because I’m not using financial aid. Well, at least not the same process as most of you are using.

I emailed admissions again today asking when they will release decisions in June and the reply simply stated “decisions will be released in June” after I pushed for additional info like early or late June, he again stated “yes, decisions are slated for sometime in June” and didn’t give any early vs. late in the month timeline. Given that tomorrow is technically the 1st and admissions has stated it would be 6 weeks (tomorrow marks 6.7 weeks actually), I think the strongest chance of releases would be tomorrow or the week after. June 15th (Friday) is the absolute latest any accepted student from Georgetown, American University, and a few other DC area schools will accept deposits, and I sincerely doubt that George Washington would want to push decisions until the middle/end of the month like that and risk screwing over students who have yet to put a deposit down. It just encourages students to do double depositing.

@msport I have this same update to my GWeb, and I also logged on today and saw an additional tab not there before titled “Admissions”. When I clicked on it, there was a link titled “Pay Enrollment Deposit”. Still haven’t officially heard back on acceptance, but wondering if I should take this as a sign? When I clicked on the link, it took me to a new site “Student Account eBill”, so the link is active. Do you also have this? Anyone else?

Just got my decision, accepted into the School of Business!

College: NVCC
GPA: 3.6
ECs: VP of 2 Clubs
2 Recommendations: Accounting professor (had for 2 semesters) and Communications professor
Work Exp: Been simultaneously working and going to school full time since my first semester of college, jobs have always pertained to my major

I will be attending UVA but congrats to all who were accepted!

rej

I did not get into the college this time around. Good luck to the rest of you!

@cassierednose Nevermind! Decisions went out! Officially accepted!

Accepted :slight_smile: What a great day!

Cheers guys. I still have yet to receive a decision, so wish me luck

I’m so pissed I got an email telling me to submit my spring transcripts. I sumbmitted it in early may im so nervous