George Washington University Transfer

admissions told me we would hear back in early June!

Hi, just to give you guys a reason to relax a little: I transferred to GW this past fall and heard back from the University with my decision around May 25th. I was not in the first wave of acceptances and I still got in. I know the waiting is awful but you’ll hear soon!

Hey guys, I just got CONFIRMATION of when we can expect decisions.

We are getting our decisions all at once, they will not be rolling this year. Also; we won’t be getting our decisions until June. Here is a quote from my GW admissions counselor via e-mail:

“Your decision will come out in June. Applications were not due until April 15 and we start reading once we get to the deadline. It takes us about six weeks to process decisions; releases are NOT rolling.”

Hope this helps.

edit: I see that honeybiene already confirmed this

@msport Thanks! I was really hoping we’d here this month, but glad we have a general idea of the time.

I’ll probably withdraw my application. Already got accepted by a school that I prefer. Perhaps that is why they move back decisions. So that they have to choose from less people.

Hey guys, I just got a change in my FA.

I now have a cost of attendance for the “2018-2019 Financial Aid Year” tab on GWeb.

I checked this a few weeks ago and there was no cost of attendance. Does anyone else have this change?

Anybody? I know this is the first transfer class using the GWForce (last year, they switched portals during the transfer process), so there’s no way to know if this is indicative of acceptances until we get decisions this year.

So if you have it or don’t it’d be awesome if you posted here :smiley:

@msport How do you get access to GWeb? I have nothing regarding FA on my GWForce portal.

@watermelonninja7

There’s a link under your checklist that says “View Financial Aid on GWeb” and there’s also literally a bulleted list under the checklist with “Helpful Links” that include “How to access GWeb.”

I think you’ll have to set a password or recover it by entering your email. Once you’ve done that go to: Financial Aid Menu - > My Cost of Attendance → Select Aid Year (drop down list, choose “2018-2019 Financial Aid Year” → Submit.

When I did that a couple weeks ago there was no financial aid information found or available yet. Now, I have a “Cost of Attendance” that just totals out all the costs of going to GWU, totaling to 73K. I realize this doesn’t show any aid but it’s peculiar to me that there are at least numbers there. It also says “The following information is based on your current enrollment status for the Full Academic Year.”

Hope that helps! Let me know if you see anything or the same.

@msport I do not have that link under my checklist on GWForce. I tried to access GWeb by going through the website, but it doesn’t allow me to register until I’ve “accepted an offer of admission” or “have an active GWid.”

Seems like it could be a good sign for you that you can access it.

@watermelonninja7 your GW ID is on your GW portal. Is your application complete? Everyone has access to GWeb so you’ve most likely missed something

@msport Everything on my portal has been checked off as complete for several weeks now, so I have no idea

@watermelonninja7 PM me. I’d like to help,it should be really straightforward getting into GWeb

Has anybody heard back yet or contacted GW recently to get a better estimate of when we would hear? I know that by this time last year, some people had already heard back :confused:

@jttomidn2p2 did you not even read through this thread? It’s only 8 pages…

Anyways, go back a page to P7. I commented with the answer to that towards the bottom.

@jttomidn2p2 I contacted admissions today and they said: “transfer decisions will be released during mid to late June.” I don’t understand why they are waiting so long this year… surely they know that almost all universities, especially of this caliber have May 1 or June 1 deposit deadlines.

@msport I contacted them about my portal, reset password, and now the portal looks completely different and has the ID number displayed. Now can access GWeb and it says the same thing for me, the total COA 73K but nothing else.

hmm ok, cool. so 2/3 have it so far. I have a friend who does not have it.

$73K… shudder. When I started at GW in 2007 is was “only” $53K. I can’t get over how quickly tuition in this country is going up…

@NHuffer Hopefully financial aid comes through! I’d be happy to even get down to 53k hahaha