Accepted!!!

15 Likes

congrats

1 Like

I got accepted!!

7 Likes

I got accepted!

12 Likes

I was accepted! Totally shocked because it was my sister’s top choice and she was rejected…

6 Likes

Looks like the # of applicants stayed roughly the same from last year to this year. 8700ish in 2020, 8800ish in 2021. Approx. 10% acceptance rate, which looks like a bit of a decrease? Wow

3 Likes

Congratulations to everyone! My daughter was deferred to regular decision but excited as she knew it was a long shot. She has 4.0 gpa with Honors and AP.

1 Like

Daughter and her best friend were accepted so happy!!

6 Likes

I got deferred :frowning:

1 Like

Deferred.

2 Likes

So did my daughter!

1 Like

Got accepted, that is.

3 Likes

yayyy! me too

4 Likes

My son got deferred. It’s disappointing because of his credentials:
SAT: 1570
GPA: 4.56
Course rigor: 13 APs (all 5s in AP exam except one 4), 11 Honors
Target Program: Business School
Awards: Multiple 1st places at state-level competitions. Competing at Nationals!
EC: Multiple leadership positions in student council, FBLA (president); Started a non-profit

Congrats to all those who got in!

1 Like

I experienced the same thing with my oldest. It’s devastating when they do everything right and are rejected, but despite the disappointment, my daughter ended up exactly where she was meant to be. Your son is clearly a driven, brilliant young man. Many schools will appreciate his talents and choose him!

4 Likes

My daughter got deferred and then accepted in 2019, so hope is not lost at all. She was so dismayed by the deferral, that Georgetown lessened for her and she is somewhere else (which was my first choice for her).

1 Like

Deferred

1 Like

Does Georgetown deny anyone in Early Action?

Nope, all applicants are given a second review in Regular Decision.

source: Early Action Program | Office of Undergraduate Admissions | Georgetown University