Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

If you are in-state then yes, you need to submit FAFSA or CSS for the Miller or HOPE scholarships. To the best of my knowledge OOS applicants can only qualify for institutional merit scholarships and FAFSA/CSS is not required for these, except for the ones that also take need/income status into account.

We have not discussed the details of our financial situation with our daughter, and don’t feel the need to do so at this age. I’m sure every family has a different view on this, and there’s no right or wrong answer - but that’s our view. So if there is no benefit to be gained from submitting these forms we would prefer not to.

1 Like

For EA II applicants, does GT consider first semester grades? If yes, will they wait until counselors get to it via common app? Do you think we should find a way to send them an unofficial version of the transcript?

Anyone have any info on when out of state EA decisions will be released?

On the portal it still says ‘Decision Day - TBA’

1 Like

Possibly the last or second to last Saturday in January

1 Like

It was on 1/23 this year, and it’s been on a Saturday for the past 3 years so my guess is 1/22/2022. It’s just an educated guess - no date officially announced yet.

3 Likes

There was a large increase in out of state early applicants. So it’s possible the decision date might be a bit later than previous years.

That seems to be the pattern everywhere this year. Upping the number increases from last year.

Portal shows EA2 (non Georgia residents) decisions January 29

16 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up @spc

1 Like

The EA2 decision release date has also been updated on their admissions website.
https://admission.gatech.edu/first-year/deadlines

9 Likes

Best wishes everyone!

4 Likes

The stamps OOS semi-finalists should know by mid-Jan right?

Continuing the discussion from Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission:

Does GT send out stamps notification before admission?

I think yes reading last year threads. Should be available mid-Jan for OOS students

from FAQ on https://stampsps.gatech.edu/frequently-asked-questions

Semifinalists will be chosen after students are admitted early action to Georgia Tech. GA resident early action applicants for admission will receive notification online of their progress in the selection process in mid-December. All non-GA resident early action applicants for admission will receive notification online of their progress in the selection process in mid-January. See Scholarship Calendar above.

FWIW, admissions decisions for in state EA were released at noon and Georgia Tech updated portals with invites for Stamps at around 4pm.

3 Likes

Good info. I’m going to guess the afternoon of Jan 29. Thanks.

Sorry, I’m confused. As per the website (link that @Vauser posted) the OOS semifinalist announcements will go out in mid-Jan. So, before the admission decisions are announced on 1/29.

Or am I misunderstanding?

The link also says Stamps invites go out after acceptance. Most likely the increase in applications this year has pushed the whole process back by a few weeks.