Georgia Tech shard on Twitter:

50,500 applications

11.7% increase over 2021
53% increase in first-gen applicants
Top 5 states after GA: CA, FL, TX, NJ, NY
Applicants from 126 GA counties, 50 US states, 155 countries of citizenship

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @dudeperfect

Interestingly, these numbers have changed from when they first posted EA1+EA2 numbers on 11/23.
(Example 50,500 applicants mentioned now vs 31,000 back then). That previous tweet was after the EA2 deadline had passed so they should have had the correct totals back then. I wonder what changed.

Regular decision deadline was on 1/5.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry. Thought those were revised EA numbers, because this is the EA discussion thread.

2 Likes

Is the financial aid email a sign of acceptance,(referring to the one telling us to login to OSCAR) or am I being too hopeful?

Believe that everyone gets notified of that since there is a deadline coming up at the end of January.

The next notification milestone is for ~300 out of ~50,000 applicants who get selected as semifinalists for the Stamps President’s and Gold Scholarships. Subsequently EA2 (non-Georgia early applicants who applied by November deadline) acceptances are notified on 1/29. Finally regular decision acceptances in March.

31,000 applied early action. So more than 60% of applicants were EA.

1 Like

Any idea when Stamps invitations will go out?

GA residents should already have them. Rest mid-Jan. Link from GT

Does anyone know what time decisions are coming out for Early Action 2 on January 29?

GT on twitter had indicated TBD.

2 Likes

Has anyone OOS had their portal updated for Stamps yet?

nope. I don’t see any update.

No update on anything related to scholarship (stamps or dean). OOS applicant.

The website says mid Jan, today is 19th. Is it possible the stamps were out already and just no one here got it? Hope I am wrong though.

Makes you wonder … I know there is no update on my portal.

I just called Undergraduate Admissions. No OOS applicant has been notified of Stamps or Gold.

When I asked when they would be notified, he told me January 29 at noon. I stated, yes I understand that’s for admission but when will semi-finalists for merit scholarships be released?

He stated THE SAME TIME ON JANUARY 29 AT NOON.

I know that’s not what the website says but that’s what he told me.

If anyone else wants to call and confirm, please do and post!!

8 Likes

Thanks, guess we have to wait.

The interviews for OOS students are end of Jan? If semifinalists are announced Jan end, the interviews would have to be moved as well. Thanks for calling to get this info

2 Likes

GA Tech EA2 Countdown