Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

yes, i can login. it gives me a student id.

I think it is too early for portal astrology. I also think that the way GT does Oscar, with all applicants getting a GT login, makes any connections dubious at this point.

Also, Iā€™m a little uncomfortable probing systems that are for enrolled students only. Rick Clark told someone on reddit that they can see how many times an applicant has logged onto their portal. He didnā€™t say they used if for anything btw, but logging in with your (or worse your childā€™s) login information, linked to their applicant file, and trying to access areas you (or they) donā€™t have authorization for doesnā€™t seem 100% without risk. Again, probably they do nothing with the info. But Iā€™m not sure I want my kid finding out otherwise.

I personally love portal astrology, but this seems beyond that lol.

4 Likes

If they can identify parents trying portal astrology vs kidsā€¦ Iā€™m embarrassed at my behavior two years ago. :rofl::rofl::rofl: (kid was accepted anyway) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Same. And mine wasnā€™t accepted, and honestly it was a good thing I had an idea beforehand because it was a rough pill to swallow. Helped me gather together my words of encouragement;) He didnā€™t do any of the astrology but that year pay now was a clear divider, and he didnā€™t have it. Same with the award letter, which actually worked this year as well. None of my applicants have done any portal astrology ā€“ I have been the guilty onešŸ˜‚. My HS senior did check with his friends who were admitted this year though and they all had the award letter in Oscar under the financial aid tab. The ones that were deferred did not have it.

Having gone through this three times, I highly doubt any decisions have been loaded into their computer system at this point. Typically that happens for most the day decisions are released, and you can see portal changes trickle in for kids whose decisions have been uploaded. Georgia Tech admissions absolutely reads these message boards, and many of the hacks that worked in prior years have been patched.

7 Likes

i keep getting emails from GT Oscar asking me to fill in the financial aid profile to decide the package. Is that a sign of acceptance. I doubt it, but just wanted to check. OOS.

I got the same request. Havenā€™t had a chance to look yet, but I canā€™t imagine what else they could need.

1 Like

No. We got several before my son was accepted. We just got another one today even though heā€™s already filled the form out. No correlation. Appears to be sent to all applicants regardless of admission decision.

1 Like

I havenā€™t received any email.

1 Like

same

Didnot receive email. Out of state

i recieved a couple back in like dec. r getting new ones?

1 Like

yes. got one today

dang it

1 Like

But I dont believe there is any correlation with admission statusā€¦ was just curious

1 Like

What did the email say?

Does anyone have difficulty logging into OSCAR
Iā€™m super confused about how to do it?
idk itā€™s just that it keeps telling me there is some error
I tried doing it b/c I got an email today about it

i got one but thatā€™s because i didnt fill something out lol. i wish it was indicative of acceptance but i think itā€™s just me not noticing things

1 Like

can someone post what the emails says?

1 Like

it is word for word the email i received in december if you received anything from them before

Georgia Tech portal was just updated with EA II ā€œDecision Dateā€ changed from ā€œLate Januaryā€ to ā€œJanuary 27ā€

8 Likes