Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

All it said was there was additional documentation needed. It was just a form with a few questions that apparently we hadn’t answered. Nothing more.

3 Likes

Are you using your correct login? You have to create a GT account to log into Oscar. It’s a different login than your admission portal.

Stamps semifinalist results were supposed to release today. My son’s portal now says they will be released on January 31. FYI. For those not aware, the Stamps scholarship at Georgia Tech is a full ride scholarship offer. It is for both in-state and out-of-state students, and is very very competitive. I feel certain my son is not in the running :crazy_face:, so we are not holding our breath over here. I do know two kids who ended up at Georgia Tech because of it, after admission to MIT.

Decisions should be released in the applicant portal.

2 Likes

What’s the criteria? Is it based on just high stat numbers?

No idea. My guess it’s like the Ivy’s/MIT/Stanford and it is high stats plus extraordinary other stuff. Both of the kids that I know who received it were valedictorian of their high schools, plus international competition award winners. As I mentioned, both were also admitted to MIT. According to the website, out of the 53,000 applicants this year 325 will be invited to semi-finalist weekend. The object is to attract the most exemplary students from across the nation.

1 Like

yes there was also an email sent out stating results will be out 7 pm EST.

I retried the portal and I noticed that all of the confirmation emails were going to my spam smh

But atleast I finally was able to submit my OSCAR!!

1 Like

Wait… do Stamps results come out today?

I checked my portal and all it says is that my decisions will come out on Jan 27th.

2 Likes

Interesting. My son’s says 31st. He is in state though. Are you out of state? It may be that out of state invitations come the same day as out of state acceptances.

My D was a semifinalist two years ago (did not progress past that). Our understanding was that Stamps puts a great amount of emphasis on leadership and service. My D had strong stats but not MIT level stats; however, she did have very strong service and leadership ECs. She was the only Stamps semifinalist from her high school although there were other kids accepted to GT with higher GPAs and SATs than hers. So our guess was that the service and leadership made her stand out; she was recognized on senior night for her dedication to Service.

4 Likes

Excellent job! I didn’t realize that. Good for her :slight_smile:

Aww thanks.

Unfortunately there were asynchronous interviews that year due to covid. She is very comfortable in person but hated that format and did not prepare well enough in advance. She most likely would not have progressed regardless (since she wasn’t an MIT level kid), but feeling she did not present her best self will always needle her. So my advice to any kids who are interviewing for competitive scholarships, internships or whatever is to practice and prepare as much as possible.

1 Like

Does anyone know how the provost scholarships are awarded? I think there are 60 such scholarships available which provide an out of state tuition waiver for non-residents. Are these awarded to Stamps semi finalists who don’t advance or is it a separate process?

So, my OOS daughter’s portal doesn’t show anything about scholarships or reference “Stamps”. Is that a bad sign?

1 Like

I wouldn’t read anything into it. My son is in-state and accepted so he is part of the pool for scholarships. Out of state gets decisions Friday so they may be different.

1 Like

So this is the criteria for the Stamps Scholarship. My sons portal used to say stamps scholarship decisions on January 24. Now it says Stamps scholarship and Gold Scholars decisions on January 31.

Looks like extra curricular involvement is critical in being selected for the scholarships. Appication Review | Gold Scholars Program

The gold scholarships are given to those who attend finalist weekend and did not receive the stamps scholarship.

1 Like

It would be amazing to get one of these awards.

3 Likes

I have not received any emails regarding financial aid yesterday or in December. Nothing has gone into spam or anything like that. Just one message in November about applying through the GT App. It’s worth mentioning that we did not yet apply for financial aid at GT because we knew that we wouldn’t receive anything.

This is going to be a very long 48-hours.

9 Likes