Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

That is very strange. They all apparently have it.

1 Like

thank you!

where do u guys find the offer letter thing? i am in oscar, but cant see it. where do i go

did they get it before or after decisions release?

Oscar → Secure Access Login → Student Services & Financial Aid → Financial Aid

There’s no way to know whether this is an accurate portal indicator during this admissions cycle. I will say it was accurate two years ago, and it was also accurate in December. If you go back and read the admission thread for 2021, those who had it got in and those who didn’t were either deferred or denied. According to that thread, it had no relationship to whether or not you had applied for financial aid. It’ll be interesting if that holds true this year after decisions come out at 7 PM.

1 Like

damn. i dont have an offer letter, just this : ||[My Requirements and Eligibility]
||[My Loan Application History](
||[College Financing Plan]
||[Student Authorization]

damn this is so sad :frowning:

Before. Mid afternoon.

ahh i see it now

is this a good thing? i have it too

i see this
 good sign? don’t see an offer letter in oscar but my efc may be too high for that.

Not supposed to be a good thing, but hopefully it means nothing

Idk I guess it is neutral since everyone else is getting it as well

2 Likes

It is just an indicator, not an answer. Don’t lose hope! It was helpful for me as a parent to manage expectations and gather my words just in case they were deferred. So, I would give you the same advice. Use it as a reminder to manage your expectations, which anyone who has applied to Georgia Tech out of state would be wise to do anyway. It is a very difficult almost Ivy level difficulty admit.

2 Likes

What is the acceptance rate of EA1. How many EA2 are accepted roughly in the past?

1 Like

EA2 is out of state and international only. EA2 acceptance rate last year was 13% over EA2 and RD. Georgia Tech is 30% out of state and 10% international. I don’t know that they break it down for EA2 vs RD but they might.

EA1 acceptance rate this year was 40%. This is higher than last year. Georgia Tech tries to keep the in-state acceptance rate around 35%, at least over the past several years. I think that is reflective of the trend of everyone trying to apply EA if they can so the EA pool tends to be stronger.

3 Likes

It is quiet here. Will we find out at 7pm EST today for EA2?

That’s the plan.

nervous af
 especially with no “my offer letter”

1 Like

I have the offer letter, but I am so unsure as to what it means that I just don’t say or think anything.

1 Like