Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

It will show up on your child’s bursar page.

2 Likes

It depends of students. DD llived at both East and West and prefers West by far.

1 Like

DS got into honors program. Any issues to consider before he accepts?

It is not a Honors Program at Georgia Tech. It is a Honors LLC. The pros are that it’s an apartment style dorm, which is preferable to some people, and the only way you can do that as a freshman is to do the Honors LLC. The negatives are apartment dorms are more expensive and there’s no “prestige“ in being in the Honors LLC unlike schools where the top students are in the Honors College. There is also an additional expense to the Honors LLC.

1 Like

Agreed about the LLC. Thanks for clarifying. Since we are OOS, we will use air transport a lot for DS travel. Any idea if Tech has a shuttle to and from airport?

No shuttle. The Marta (subway) station is walking distance right next to campus. There is also a GT bus that goes there I think. Marta goes directly to the airport - last stop is in the airport terminal. Very easy! There is even a video on how to do it. MARTA

1 Like

MARTA gets a bad rap as being unsafe. DS and friends has used it many times and he says while you need to be aware of your surroundings, they have never had any issues and do not hesitate to use it.

3 Likes

Agree completely. My son uses it all the time. He’s very used to public transportation in large cities, though. Like the subway in New York or the metro in Paris, you just need to be aware.

1 Like

Its an easy and direct trip to the airport and a short (less than 10 minute) walk from campus.

In an around the station is dicey after hours, and you do need to keep your wits about you.

But as far as convenience goes, it really can’t be beat. Its as good (fast, cheap, frequent) as any metro to airport connection as I have ever seen.

2 Likes

Thank you! One more question- does doing FACET virtually vs in-person makes any difference for course selection?