GeorgiaTech Class of 2026 Waitlist

From their website,

Will students accepted from the waitlist get campus housing?
Housing is allocated on a first come, first served basis for first-year students. Typically housing is available for waitlisted students.

https://admission.gatech.edu/first-year/waitlist

Yes. If you indicated a willingness to be considered for remote campus or summer you may be offered remote campus or summer. They specifically say they will not change these offers to the fall.

Last year GT posted they were 93 percent to their target on May 1 which was a couple of days before their required commitment date. Perhaps they will do the same this year.

Thank you Virginia ā€¦ Next couple of weeks will a melange of anxiety and excitement :cowboy_hat_face:. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all the waitlisted students and their parents.

I remember it very well from last year!!

Application cycle : RD
Residency : OOS
Major : aerospace engineering
Secondary Major (if applicable) :
Optional - Gender : male
Optional - Hooks :

1 Like

May 1, here we go !

4 Likes

Any updates. We have nothing in our email yet.

Itā€™s just the morning of May 2nd!
This is a weeks long process.

1 Like

Any updates about the number of people accepted the offer of admission?

I think they usually release such information in may 2nd

nothing yetā€¦

Application cycle: EA deferred
Residency: OOS (US citizen living abroad)
Major: Computer Science
Secondary Major (if applicable): CompE
Optional - Gender: Male
Optional - Hooks: lmao

1 Like

Any chance to get in computer science with waiting list really, itā€™s real hard to wait

Commitment day for Ga Tech is today May 2 I believe not yesterday.

Most WL students who posted their profile here seem to have applied to CS (+ CE). This is probably representative of the larger applicant pool given how well regarded CS is at GTech.

So unfortunately that does not bode well for CS waitlisted applicants (including my daughter). But hey, we can all hope!

2 Likes

Best wishes to everyone here waiting to hear from GTech.

If you do get an offer of admission off of the waitlist, please report it here. And mention:

• whether or not you will accept the offer
  • if not, then which school you are headed to
  • your major and instate/OOS status if you havenā€™t already posted your profile above
  • did you request financial aid? And if yes, were you granted any?

Good luck!

2 Likes

My OOS nephew is in the same boat. I spoke with a professor about it pretty recently and last year they had more people applying to computer science as a major than they had applying to the entire school 10 years ago. Thereā€™s a real capacity issue as they donā€™t have any classrooms that will seat 400 people for the intro classes, and they have a duty to keep these kids on track to progress through their major in 4 to 5 years. This has prevented the expansion of the computer science major to keep up with demand. I donā€™t think Georgia Tech is unique in this. The explosive growth of interest in this major is true across all schools, itā€™s just that Georgia Tech is one of the top schools so they attract the best and brightest applicants.

Wishing for a higher waitlist acceptance rate this year than last :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any idea on chances for Bio Med engineering? We are OOS.

The acceptance rate across all majors off the waitlist last year was 5%. No way to tell with individual majors, as I am sure that varies year to year. In determining who gets off the waitlist, Georgia Tech will look at the major, demographics (male/female, race, first generation, etc), in-state or out-of-state, etc. I have heard they are also need aware for the waitlist as all institutional aid has already been given out, but donā€™t know this for sure. Thereā€™s simply no way to know which majors are full in which have space.

2 Likes

Good luck to all.

3 Likes

Do I have a chance?

Application cycle : EA
Residency : OOS - PA
Major : Environmental Engineering
Secondary Major (if applicable) : Biochemistry
Optional - Gender : Male