Germany exchange program, engineering

Does anyone have inside info on the program?

It’s a really great program but they only accept MechE.

It seemed that was the case from reading the info on Ua’s website. He is listed as “undecided” right now but leaning heavily toward ChemE. I was also curious how time consuming the program is during spring and fall semesters?

The program is new, so I don’t know if that info is really known yet.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1689117-for-mechanical-and-electrical-engineers-international-german-student-exchange-program.html#latest

“”
Students in the program will first complete two years of engineering and German language course work at The University of Alabama, as well as an internship the summer before their sophomore year with Mercedes-Benz U.S. International in Vance, Alabama.

The students will then travel to Hochschule Esslingen for one semester of course work and one semester of professional practice during their 
junior year.

Mercedes-Benz is not the only consumer in the program. Other industries in the Esslingen area include Daimler, Bosch and Behr.

Balasubramanian said the mission of the exchange program is to prepare students for the variety of German and multinational companies in the southeastern United States.

“The students work as interns in a German automotive company or supplier,” he said. “They get a deep insight into how a German company works, and we hope that when the students come back from their year abroad that they then go to work for a German multinational in Alabama or the Southeastern region.”
“”

Thanks mom2collegekids and bamagirl18

^ lol…yes, I can imagine just how different a German company is to work for, and one must understand the culture of that in order to be successful in one…Gezeiten Rollen!