Going to another college after graduating from one

So I am in a dilemma. I am a junior in high school, and I have decided to go to Texas A&M University at College Station, and I’m hoping to get an Executive MBA and a degree in Agribusiness as well, but I also want to get a degree in Maritime Administration and/or Marine Biology at Texas A&M University at Galveston, which is just like A&M in College Station, but it is ocean-oriented and it’s in Galveston. I have thought about going and getting my MBA and Agribusiness degree first, then save up money from my earnings with those to go to college down in Galveston for the degrees I mentioned there. I’m not too sure about this though. Is it unreasonable and not normal to want to do something like this? Any things I need to know beforehand or any questions I should ask first?

The MBA is a degree that you would pursue after getting a bachelor’s degree (it’s a Master’s degree). Many people pursue an MBA degree. MBA students could have any of an extremely wide set of bachelor’s degrees–science, arts, medicine, etc. Sometimes people wait to pursue an MBA until after they have been working for a while. That’s where more of the “Executive” MBA programs come in.

Higher education is expensive and is an investment of your time. Most people choose to focus on one bachelor’s degree field, probably at most a double major, major-minor, or some sort of hybrid degree that a particular university might offer. It’s wise to carefully consider the value of your first degree and your subsequent knowledge and skills in the job marketplace. On the other hand, some people choose to pursue their passion(s) regardless of the market value of their education. You could pursue a major and a minor, perhaps Maritime Administration with a minor in Marine Biology, for example. Be aware that people are sometimes not able to continue on with their education after one or two degrees. I personally know several people with 4 or more post-high school degrees, but they are relatively rare. What you describe is certainly doable but would take time and money. You might be able to get some aspects of these fields in one or two well-planned degree programs, but only some of each.

You sound like a person with many interests. What are your core interest(s) are right now? What you choose to study and how you choose to do so can be as individual as you are. Are you more interested in science or business right now, for example? Do you have an agriculture background or a strong affinity for it? What sort of things do you see yourself most wanting to do in life? All people need to evaluate what they like to do and what pursuits their personality and interests best suit them for. There are many career-oriented websites that describe what a typical person working in a given field might start out doing. Take a look at some. Also, college websites describe their degree majors. Some people know from an early age what they want to do, but most don’t. College students often start out in one field and find that what they are truly interested in becomes clear after a while. NOW is the right time to start looking around and thinking in more detail about what you want to study and learn and the university setting that would most help you do so.