Good Sign or just nothing about UC email invite me to apply

I got a email from UCSB said that they invite me to apply them, and said that I would be a good fit to their school, would that be a good sign that they are trying to recruit me, and I would be advantage and more competitive to apply them, or just nothing because I’m one of the several people receive this email.

Probably one of several people…but if they are interesting to you and your grades/SAT are in the range…why not?

I would guess they got your test scores or grades and they’re in range.

You are probably going to get a lot of email and physical mail like this. After taking the PSAT my daughters got several piece of mail every day for about a year or so, which resumed again after taking the SAT. It is very common and just means that the schools are trying to get more applications.

Agree with @DadTwoGirls. You will get mailings from many schools that you have little to no chance of getting an acceptance. My son’s got mailings for Harvard and Yale and they were no where near competitive for these schools. The more applications a school receives at $70/app, the more money is infused into the school system. Also it helps their selectivity by rejecting many applicants that may not be qualified. Based on your other posts and SAT score (1030), UCSB would be a Reach school and it is up to you if you want spend $70 on applying.

they have no stats to screen you yet - so it means nothing.