Great Bama Reception in Arizona

<p>Just got back from Bama’s first reception for prospective students and their parents held at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. I think there were about 200 people there! The venue was definitely upscale and the food classy. No pigs in a blanket for this crowd! (We took care of that last Saturday–sorry, could not resist!) We had artichoke fritters and smoked salmon to name just a couple. </p>

<p>Speakers included Dr. Whitaker from the College of Engineering, our local rep who is outstanding, a local student who is a junior in engineering and his dad. There were admissions staff and folks from the alumni association who were mingling. Kids were ecstatic to get shirts!</p>

<p>They shared that there is a big push to get Arizona established as a strong source of applicants. Apparently, next year there will be a Grand Canyon Scholarship. Think the local alum group is working on that. </p>

<p>A very class, well organized event. Looks like the Tide is rolling in Arizona!</p>

<p>Good! Glad to hear the event went so well. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Good to hear it was a worthwhile event.</p>

<p>I spoke with the Chicago recruiter at a college fair earlier this week and she told me the speakers at the Chicago reception next month will be someone from the engineering college, a student and a parent - sounds like a similar lineup. She said someone from the honors college should be there as well. I think they’re expecting a good turnout for the Chicago one. If anyone is from the northern burbs and would prefer a smaller crowd, I’m told there’s another reception in Milwaukee the following evening that is expected to have a much smaller turnout. We’re pretty much equidistant from the two venues so I’m debating which one to attend.</p>