Guys I do need help. [Chance me for Berkeley and UCLA]

Guys can i get accepted into Berkeley with 38 ib predicted out of 45 subject scores (RUSSIAN A SL 7 ,MATH AA HL 5 , PHYSICS SL 6, ENGLISH B HL 7 ,Business Managemetn SL COMPSCIENCE HL 6 , IELTS 8 , GPA 4.5 OUT OF 5 , a lot of extracurriculars 2 recommendation letters , 2 UNICEF certificates , Java script proficiency certificate, with a lot of MUNs , i am MUN senior in my school, i created my own football club, i was playing football, i did compscience workshop and soon i am.gonna launch compscience club in my school Additionally i conducted comp science workshop,also i am going to the coding academy and i received my diploma With all A’s there also there is transcripts and Reccomendation letter from my coding teacher , also i was his assistant. Or UCLA , is it possible, if i am gonna have perfect essay?

I think you might be a good applicant, but super hard to follow your stream of conciseness writing style. This gives me doubts you will have the perfect essay or application. You may want to reformat and rewrite your post if you want better answers.

2 Likes

I agree with @michaeluwill. Hard to understand the whole picture.

Please use the “chance me” template. It captures a lot of information that’s needed for people to provide responses.

1 Like

I hope you write your PIQs more clearly than you wrote this post, which was quite hard to follow.

2 Likes

Also, make sure you understand that the UC’s are public universities and cannot fund non-resident students.

They are designed for in-state residents such that non-residents are charged full fees. Expect to pay $72-74K per year. So, before you apply, make sure you can afford the fees and have met their basic course requirements.

2 Likes

Except the UCs don’t accept letters of recommendation…(Well, UCB does if they specifically reach out and request them from you, but only do that for a minority of applicants.)

You will need to submit 4 PIQs, no “essay” per se.

What major will you be applying to at each school?

Calculate your UC GPAs here: GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub
You will have to assign a letter grade to each predicted score.
More details here: GPA requirement | UC Admissions

Do you have any budget constraints?

Based on your post, are you planning on applying to these schools as a Computer Science major?

Here are the admit rates for CS.
UC Berkeley:
CS in the College of Letters and Sciences:2.3% High Demand Major
EECS: College of Engineering 4%

UCLA: CS College of Engineering 3.8%

Both schools are Reach schools even for the most qualified applicant’s.

Good luck.

2 Likes

My school already calculated it for me i got 4.5 out of 5 gpa with transcripts there , yeah i wont be able to pay for university i am gonna apply for scholarship

I am gonna apply for cs i do have my own chat gpt and dall e and independant research work

If this is the case, the UC school system is not for you. Sorry! You need to research universities that will give you full merit scholarships or great financial aid. UCs have neither of those for OOS students.

1 Like

By not filling out the chance me template, you’ve left out a lot of information.

Are you a US citizen? Domestic or international applicant? If domestic, are you a CA resident?

What is your budget?

1 Like

Academically they are reach schools.

Financially, have you checked affordability? Are you in-state?

1 Like

That being the case, I think both UCLA and UCB will be unaffordable if you aren’t a CA resident. Are you? It doesn’t sound like it.

I do have scholarship from my dads job, what about gpa?i am applying for cs

international

i want to get accepted there , my dads job could afford it

Please look at the UC application. It is different than the Common App. The UCs ask applicants to answer 4 Personal Insight Questions and 350 character descriptions of up to 20 Activities & Awards. The application involves much more than one essay.

1 Like

yeah ik , its my fault i was in a hurry

1 Like