GW Regular Decision 2023

So what does it mean that they award merit for 5 years? If I only go for 4, would my fifth year merit be spread out among four years?

Rejected (major International Relations)
3.8 GPA (UW)
1380 SAT
Many AP courses, class president, congressional internship, Eagle Scout, lettered 4 years in 2 varsity sports, violin, 3 honor societies, Pres of Volunteer club, academic challenge team, etc and the list goes on.
I am surprised as (this is for my son) he was accepted into American yesterday, I would have thought that he would at least be waitlisted with GW (his first choice). Congrats to those admitted, I really liked the school when we were there in the fall!

Accepted to Business School w/ $20k/yr, 3.75 UW and 1550 SAT

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

@slothlover it means that if you attend for 5 years instead of 4 (sometimes people combine masters/bachelors) then the merit award is still good.

who is going to stay on the waitlisted. I might just leave the waitlist because I got a better deal from UPitt. I don’t understand I got a SAT score that was in their 75 percentile and a GPA that was above average for them and I still got waitlisted.

Daughter accepted in CS major

1450 SAT
3.95 GPA
Multiple EC’s. Irrelevant to major but very involved in them.
Did summer program there (different from major) and received NROTC scholarship.

@faZed672 where did you find the financial info about the 18k that you received? Was it in your acceptance letter or did you find it on a page on the GWeb account? I can’t find any financial award info on my Gweb

Adding Stats
Accepted $25k Presidential Academic Scholarship Award
SAT: 1510
SAT Math II-740, Literature-660
GPA: 3.98 UW
EC’s-mostly all service and leadership, student life rep/student council
Did not demonstrate interest-did not visit campus

denied :frowning:

did you have to apply to the honors program to get in? lol i got the presidential award but not honors but i’m pretty sure it’s because i didn’t apply?

If you get on the waitlist is it binding once you get off of it?

@art651 In acceptance letter

@01pabs Yes you have to apply

also i got $22k for presidential award… is it different for everyone? that makes no sense

@medstu1324 no waitlist is ever binding!!

I’m in!!
1380 sat
class pres, nhs vice pres, Girl Scout, hoby alum etc etc
Congrats to everyone else who got in!!

accepted! Cisneros scholarship ($30,000 a year.)

@medstu1324 if you get off the waitlist , you can chose to take your spot and put down a deposit or not if you decided to go elsewhere . It is not binding until you accept, put a deposit down, and let any other school you deposited at know.

I got into Johns Hopkins, but got waitlisted at GW?? This college process is really really unpredictable wow LOL. But just for reference, here are my stats:

1490 SAT (790M/700RW)
SAT Subjects: 700 (USH), 710 (Math II)
GPA: 4.2 W (9 APs)
Started an online retail business, shift manager of a restaurant, FBLA officer, etc
Essays were actually not that good lol
Recs were good probably.

Not really bummed bc I’m not going here anyways lol. I’m extremely grateful for my full ride to Johns Hopkins.
Congrats to everyone that got in!

@sdl0625 @hannah1789 okay, thank you!

It was in the decision letter! @art651