GW Transfer - Fall 2017

@as06053 I got an email yesterday too I imagine it’ll be today or tomorrow

@Robinyoursoul just wondering, did you receive an email that decisions would be coming out at 5pm? or did you find that out by calling or something?

@aftfl12 I first got the email to log in to the GW portal and then within an hour or two I got another email (45 minutes before 5pm) to check the portal at 5pm to see my decision.

oh ok thanks so much! @Robinyoursoul

Lets hope we find out tonight!!!

wouldn’t they have already sent us emails saying that our decisions would be available at 5pm like they did for the first wave?

anybody else getting error 404 when they try to log in?

Yes, I usually get that message when I try to log on with my phone

on my portal it says that i’m missing the “registrar report” but on the gw website it says that the college report and registrar report is the same thing (i already sent the college report and they received it). does anyone else have this?

what’s even weirder was that the college of professional studies emailed me about the error even though i applied for undergrad at elliott. has this happened to anyone else? or is it just me?

@as2581 i got that message too and i just tried calling the gw undergraduate admissions office and it hung up on my automatically… i’ll try calling later

@tayloec the same happened to me! i emailed them so maybe it’s just a glitch? hopefully it works out

Did anyone get an email saying your application was incomplete even though you have already been accepted and the portal says you have everything in?

I just got the e-mail saying the “incomplete application” status and professional studies was just a glitch and to disregard.

@as2581 My friend, who got accepted to GWU as well, had the same issue concerning the missing “registrar report.” She called admissions when it popped up and they told her to not worry about it.

also got the email about missing materials even though my application had already been complete

also, still having trouble logging into the portal. getting error 404 every time (trying on a computer). Changed password twice already. anyone else having this issue?

@Robinyoursoul thanks!! i got an email from them saying that it was a mistake

Is anyone planning on transferring as a junior?

@Sydblock I’m thinking about it at the moment. The only factor that is holding me back from pulling the trigger with George Washington University is my cost of attendance. It’s currently$50,000 per year at the moment which would mean that it would cost $100,000 to get my degree at the school.

If I get accepted to William and Mary or the University of Virginia, I’ll commit there with no hesitation. The average cost of attendance with those school (full price tags) is roughly $35,000. There’s also a high probability that I’ll receive approximately $15,000 in financial aid award from those schools. So I’m assuming that my net cost of attendance at UVA or William and Mary would be approximately $20,000 per year. If that’s the case and I have to stay for two years in order to get my degree, it’ll cost a total of $40,000.

$100,000 vs. $40,000

That’s substantial in my personal opinion.

However, there is only one condition in which I would select George Washington University over those choices, and that’s if the total cost of my degree falls within +/- $5,000 of $40,000 ($35,000 to $45,000) . The only way to find out how much my final cost of attendance at GW is to wait for them to finalize my financial aid award package, if I get any, so I got my fingers crossed on this one.

Just a heads up guys, they updated their declaration of intent/deadline for deposit to June 1st.