GW Transfer - Fall 2017

@WhoTouchedMyTaco awesome! Thanks for the info. This could possibly save me a whopping $800

@WhoTouchedMyTaco where did you find that out?

No problem. For anyone who needs to double check this just for their own personal record:

(1) Sign into your student portal
(2) Look under “Make It Official!”

“Please accept or decline your offer of admission by submitting your declaration of intent and enrollment deposit by June 1, 2017 (updated). Once your enrollment has been processed, you will be an official Colonial and can prepare for your first day of class.”

Does anyone know how safe the campus is? My parents act like they are cool with me transferring but my brother informed me that they are worried to death and it’s all they talk about because D.C. is not a very safe place.

foggy bottom is very very safe

Thank god they changed the deposit date! I was thinking about sending them an email about it!! lol

@esnyder01 The campus is very safe. Violent crimes are incredibly rare. Most crimes are theft as the result of students not locking their dorm rooms when they leave.

@WhoTouchedMyTaco Unless you/your family is wealthy, GW won’t charge you full tuition. At a bare minimum, expect to max-out your Stafford loans (~$15K per year, I believe). But if you’re from a middle-class family, You might only have to pay $5-15K out of pocket each year (so I doubt it’d be more than $60K for two years- probably closer to $40K).

Is it a bad sign that I haven’t heard back yet or have other people not heard back yet either? My GPA wasn’t great and I don’t think my chances of getting in are high. After hearing that many people have heard back already, I’m getting very nervous.

@dianavalentine i havent got my results either. did everyone’s portal changed to a different version?

@dabdanze92 yeah, I actually just came to ask about that: haven’t received decision yet but my portal changed from the old dark blue GW Admissions activity center site to a gw.force.com site? (like it actually forwards the old URL I have bookmarked to the new one) …and then it doesn’t let me log in!!!
Anyone have any insight/ideas?

(also tbh i panicked when i first saw the new version and thought they deleted my app bc i sent my supp in like a month late whoops college)

it doesn’t let me log in either @igotsunshine111. are you getting error 404?

I think you guys just need to sign up with the email you used for the common app! I think it’s taking you to the portal page where they will post your decisions

Anyone know when the next wave will be coming?

K so I called GW and they said that they switched over to the new force system not the gw activity center, so that’s why it hasn’t been allowing access. The person on the phone said you should receive an email soon regardless of decision (if you haven’t gotten urs yet like me) to set up an acct (weird bc I tried with my commonapp email and no luck yet). Also they said that the decisions were rolling until the end of the month, so I think that might mean they’ll be done (ish) by may 1?

I just want to say good luck to everyone who still remains in the applicant pool. Whatever the outcome may be, I can assure you that everything will work out just fine!

still nothing

@as06053 yeah I’m still waiting too. GWU just listed my application as complete so I think I’m going to wait for two more weeks. When did you complete yours?

March 1st!! @chrisli75

I’m still waiting to hear back from GW as well. Called the admissions office last week and was told that decisions would keep coming out until early May.

where would decisions be released