Hamilton Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am curious what the number of applications looks like. If they are having the same kind of increase as Bowdoin/Williams who have published the numbers.

1 Like

my S23 did the writing supplement, and tried to get an interview but they were full. I would hope they donā€™t hold that against an applicant if they cannot accommodate all who are interested.

2 Likes

can anyone chance me?

did the interview with hamilton but did not write supps or do the hamilton hello. hamilton is one of my top choices right nowā€¦ interview went well in my opinion but who knows

can anyone chance me?

-nyc, fgli, korean male
-98.61 gpa when applied (went down after senior year semester so 98.24 i think by now) i dont know if this makes a big differenceā€¦
-test optional
-good lors i think (psych teacher is known to write good letters) (got one from korean teacher i had of 3 years)
-ecs: Student Culture Team-President
Leadership position+
Hosted and led school-wide events to educate 5,000+ students on social injustices; implemented social justice into academic classes and daily life.

Service Learning Project-Recorder+coordinator
Leadership position+
Hosted a 5K run to fundraise making care packages for veterans; recorded all plans and expenses used in the project; wrote heart-warming cards.

Homeless Shelter Volunteering-volunteer
Cooked and served hot meals to the homeless; held fundraisers to provide basic needs; engaged in conversations for mental support.

MEDDOCS- Internship at Icahn School of Medicine
Studied case studies, anatomy, and ethics to healthcare taught by medical students and professionals; analyzed medical journals; interviewed MDā€™s.

JROTC Honor Guard-Flag detail commander
Leadership position+
Performed in events to post the national colors; in charge and responsible in overseeing 40+ cadets to raise and lower the American flag daily.

JROTC S-3 Operations and Training-Officer+c/2LT
Leadership position+
Kept maintenance and managed cadet records of 800+ cadets; devised and executed all plans of the battalion; formulated training schedules for classes.

Guitar
Played the guitar as a side hobby and to de-stress from academic life; played the guitar in a youth band in church.

if anyone can chance me itll be great! thanks

Wonā€™t you know soon enough ? I mean if youā€™re not ED itā€™s likely single digit odds.

Good luck. You have an impressive background. If not Hamilton itā€™ll be another great school.

1 Like

thank you and yesss decisions are being posted on the 23rd. just a little worried lol

1 Like

Donā€™t be worried.

Have a planā€¦if not Hamilton, then where?

You, not the school, will make your success in life.

1 Like

thanks. just a crazy process. havent gotten rejected anywhere but got deferred by 3 schools.

ED or EA?

one ed, two eas

You may be able to estimate your chances at Hamilton by comparing its acceptance rate to those of the schools from which you have already heard (tentative) decisions (I.e., do these other schools appear to be more or less selective than Hamilton?). For convenience, this site provides accurate, recent information:

1 Like

Assuming this is the unweighted GPA - which translates into a 4.0 U/W?

So based on GPA, you have done amazingly and that would make you as good as any candidate. Also there seems to be consistency with your ECs, such as your JROTC progression. Thatā€™s probably as much as ā€œchancingā€ as realistically is possible.

Unfortunately, as is the case with all highly selective colleges, there simply isnā€™t enough space for six out of seven similarly great applicants, like yourself. So, when the admissions officers are attempting to ā€œshapeā€ a diverse class from among great students across the country and the social spectrum, there is no way to explain why some students ultimately happen to fit a niche in a particular year, or make predictions.

Also, there can still be good news coming from one of your three deferrals!
Look at it from the angle that you already passed the first ā€œhurdleā€, in that you were deemed to have been the kind of student those colleges like to admit. You could use the deferral as a welcome reason to send a (customized) follow-up note to the college, reiterating that you appreciate the opportunity of being evaluated in the context of the regular decision pool, and that the college remains your top choice. Maybe including a short reference unique to the college, or about something positive that happened with you since you applied.

does anyone know if RD applicants are ever admitted as January starts even if they didnā€™t list it as a preference?

ED1 here, but I got admitted as a Jan without listing it as a preference and Iā€™m pretty positive that they will admit people for Jan who didnā€™t request it across ED1, ED2, and RD

2 Likes

Thursday right? Anyone know what time?

Thursday (tomorrow) 8pm EST

3 Likes

Yes-my S20. Ended up at another LAC

They are out! Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

waitlisted wow-

waitlisted, maybe partially bc i didnā€™t do the optional supplementals?

1 Like

Who knows. S23 did the supplement but not the video. (Heā€™s at track practice. Admission decision is still unknown.)