Hamilton College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

If you enjoy film, you may want to watch The Sterile Cuckoo (1969 THE STERILE CUCKOO Official Trailer 1 Paramount Pictures - YouTube), which portrays Hamilton’s surrounding countryside and the types of weekend excursions that its students once took. I believe some aspects of this portrayal remain relevant.

UW 4.0. I’m applying test optional, although I am submitting AP scores (all of which are 5’s). Many of my extracurriculars are in the realm of local government, such as being a member of my city’s Charter Commission or serving as the student rep on my school board. I’m hoping to study Government at Hamilton, and go into constitutional law. I am also a Varsity Track athlete and will hopefully run track at Ham. I haven’t heard about many kids applying ED to Hamilton—does anyone know how many usually apply?

For the class entering in the fall of 2021, 651 students applied early decision (ED1 and ED2 combined). Btw, nice em dash use.

1 Like

curious would you mind sharing your scores that you didn’t submit? Good luck you sound like a great candidate!

1 Like

I got a 1350 without much studying, so I didn’t submit it. Unfortunately, I was only able to take the SAT once. At a lot of the top LACs I visited, they said it’s oftentimes better to not submit scores—they won’t try and infer things about you, like why you didn’t submit them. I think, though, I have a lot of other things to offer and some pretty cool things that not everyone does. And thanks, I’m really hoping I get in!

1 Like

Thanks! Okay, wasn’t sure if that number was combined for ED 1/2 or not.

1 Like

For the Hamilton Hello, one of my prompts was nearly identical to the supplemental essay, so my answer sounded like my essay… any thoughts on how admissions will view this? :confused:

Well, giving different answers to the same essential question might seem less than authentic, right?

1 Like

Hey! Don’t know if you’ll know, but do you have a guess as to how many apply ED I to Hamilton?

1 Like

Hi, I applied to Hamilton RD and wanted to submit the Hamilton Hello, but I have a question about it. Is it one take and it’ll automatically submit? Or am I able to redo it again before submitting it?

1 Like

You have three takes!

By inference, Hamilton can be expected to have received in the vicinity of 458 ED1 applicants this year.

1 Like

any idea for ed 2?

1 Like

Admissions just sent an email confirming that students will find out next Thursday @ 8:00 p.m.! Only one week, people!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Just wanted to wish your daughter good luck on Thursday! My daughter also applied ED1 and the creative writing program. Fingers crossed they both get in!

2 Likes

Good luck also. I don’t think I will sleep. :grinning:

I just wanted to thank you for being so helpful. One thing that has impressed me about Hamilton (outside the norm) is the thoughtfulness of its administration and students. Even the design of the program (with its 4 advisors) seems thoughtfully planned- if that makes sense. Hamilton seems like a wonderful place to study.

Thanks again. Your comments were appreciated.

Same! She has to work until 9 too so it will be after that! We’ll have to check back in at the end of the week. It would be cool for them both to get in and chat before since they are wanting to go for the same thing!

1 Like

Of course! And yes, Hamilton definitely has a strong support system. For example, today is the first day of finals, so the college organized a ‘Paws to Relax’ event where a bunch of dogs (and even a bunny) are roaming around for students to pet : ) One of the reasons I actually chose Hamilton is because my tour guide pointed out that every professor has study spaces directly outside of their offices, so students can easily pop in and form relationships!

Good luck everyone, and if anyone who gets in has any more questions, just let me know!!

2 Likes