Hamilton College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all good luck. It was a very difficult choice for my son between Hamilton and Vassar. He ended up deciding Vassar was a better fit for him and he got in ED1 last week. I know nerves and emotions are running high for all of you right now.

Good luck to all and I will say Hamilton is an amazing college that we instantly fell in love with. Anyone would be lucky to call it home for 4 years and I hope that each and every one of you get that opportunity. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

This site has been really useful! I am a parent of a ED1 applicant to Hamilton. We are nervously awaiting decision time. Why on earth do we have to wait until 8pm!! :slight_smile: I am wishing everyone here the best of luck. My wife often tells the story of having an absolute first choice school that turned her down for ED1, but she ended up at a school that was a much better fit, which led to medical school and beyond. There can be opportunities even in disappointments. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Hello all. I am also waiting on my Son’s ED decision today. He will be on stage at a high school band concert when the results come out, so we will find out a little late.r Good luck to all!

2 Likes

My son was admitted!!! He is dancing around the house with joy. Sending out good vibes to all the ED applicants.

5 Likes

Congrats!!! If you don’t mind, what were his stats and ECs? And did he submit the Hamilton Hello, Interview, or optional supplemental essay?

1 Like

sure! 1410 SAT, 4.35 WGPA, 7APs (4s). He did not write the supplemental essay, but as he did an interview at Hamilton, he did not do the Hamilton Hello.

2 Likes

special olympics coach, environmental club, varsity athlete, violist for the chamber orchestra.

1 Like

My son was admitted as well! He intends to major in Creative Writing and possibly music as well.

1 Like

I got admitted! Test optional, 4.0 UW, college course, 5 APs, unique extracurriculars. Can’t wait to meet everyone! Congrats!

3 Likes

congratulations! did he submit his score?

2 Likes

@Evergreendad did you get good news? hoping so!

congrats!! did he do the supplemental essay and Hamilton hello? if he did the supplemental essay, do you mind sharing what the prompt was? My daughter was considering RD and mentioned that it seems like you need to commit to doing the supplement and Hamilton Hello before even knowing what the prompt is. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi LWCA1022. He did the supplemental essay but not the Hamilton hello. Neither are required. I will revert back with the prompt - just need to get it from my son.

2 Likes

any ED2 here?