Hamilton College Transfer 2021

Hi! I haven’t found a thread yet, so I thought I’d make one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I also applied. Looking forward to May 7th :slight_smile:

Awesome! Fingers are crossed for you!

1 Like

Thanks, same for you!!

I’m curious, how many transfers does Hamilton take in a typical year? It’s a small school with a very good retention rate so I imagine not many.

Hamilton’s transfer page states, “Each year we seek to enroll about 10-20 transfer students in the fall and another 5-10 transfer students in the spring.” According to their 2020-2021 CDS, 47 were admitted and 12 enrolled in the previous cycle. So, not many, but more than some other NESCACs.

1 Like

I believe the Hamilton acceptance rate for transfers is higher than first-year admission. Either way, they are a lot more “transfer-friendly” then many other schools!

2 Likes

excited for this week! idk about you guys but i have a lot of decisions coming this week.

I’m still waiting on 5 decisions, but Hamilton is the only school that has given an exact date. So many just say “mid-May”!

1 Like

its so annoying lol

2 Likes

I view this differently from pretty much every poster I’ve seen on CC. A college can choose to be transfer friendly irrespective a high retention rate, in that institutional size, rather than class size, appears to be the limiting factor for offering places on campus to new students. In Hamilton’s case, its recent 20.5% acceptance rate for transfer applicants seems to indicate that it welcomes their interest in a way comparable to that for first-year applicants.

oh gosh guys im not ready for this… 8 minutes

1 Like

good luck everyone!!!

waitlisted

Rejected :frowning: really had my hopes up due to their past accessibility to transfer students and I was waitlisted last year (WITH my terrible SAT score)

1 Like

waitlisted