Hampsters After Graduation

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>Hampshire is really my top choice - I have had a very eclectic academic career that seems to fit with the Hampshire zeitgeist. </p>

<p>I am planning on going to graduate school (either right away or after a few years). So my question is: How are Hampshire graduates looked at by highly-competitive graduate schools? Or alternately: How well off are Hampshire students in the recent-college-graduate job area? </p>

<p>I definitely realize the value of Hampshire and its academics. I also know that it depends on the individual. But there is somewhat of a reputation system associated both graduate admission and job application. Would the admissions officers and headhunters say: "I know that Hampshire students are good critical thinkers, good initiative takers, etc. But I just don't know..."?</p>

<p>Please understand that I am most critical of and most interrogative about someplace that I am truly interested in.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Hampshire cites statistics that indicate that the percentage of graduates who go on to graduate school is among the highest in the country:
[Success</a> after Hampshire](<a href=“http://www.hampshire.edu/admissions/14885.htm]Success”>Success After Hampshire | Hampshire College)</p>

<p>My son graduated last year and is currently working for a year or two before applying to grad school, so I have no first-hand experience.</p>

<p>I notice that among the top grad schools that Hampshire students attend, only two (Berkeley & UCLA) are west of the Mississippi. It makes me think that Hampshire probably is better known among eastern grad schools.</p>