Harvard Admissions Fall 2022

On the portal it says awaiting mid year transcript

The school counselor (me) did it through the common app portal (on the school side). It was downloaded the next morning by Harvard. It shows received on the student side.

There was an email that said the grades were received by Harvard in Jan, however, the actual Harvard portal says missing. I know it can sometimes take up to 6 weeks for these things to show up though.

My student portal said “mid-year transcript” received.
Nothing is missing.

if you sent an email I am sure someone will get back to you soon.

Ours too. Received 1/28/2022

Hi! Does anyone know how second interviews work? I was very surprised to see that an admissions officer had emailed me to meet, even though I had my alumni interview in January.

Are Interviews for international students still being sent out? I still haven’t gotten one :frowning:

I do not but good luck to you!! Seems like a good sign.

This thread should have a separate title thread for the interview questions.

it could be a likely…

I am a Nigerian. I applied for PhD Biological Science in Public health with interest in Infectious disease and Immunology. I have not heard from Harvard not even interview. I applied late November. Why?

Ok, I know of a Ghanaian who got interviewed for same course and has been admitted. When does Harvard end

Admission contact to admitted PhD students. Also when do they send rejection letters. Thanks. Curious though.

Interviews for PhD applicants are very different. They’re carried out by faculty members (mostly online these days). It depends on the department (even on the faculty members whom you may have identified on your application). The purpose of an interview may also be different. A faculty member may have questions about some aspects of your application. Most common reason for the interview is if they have questions about whether your interest fit with their research programs.

1 Like

If I have a full-ride scholarship at a T10 business school is it worth waiting for Harvard’s decision, and if admitted pay full tuition at Harvard? Not eligible for any fin. aid. at Harvard.

Congrats on your scholarship!

A lot of factors go into the decision you outlined. Would Harvard open doors worth more than a quarter million dollars in present-day dollars in your career path, compared to this other T10 school? Do you have the tuition easily covered by family or is it something you would have to take out debt for? Etc.

I would say to keep your options open unless you have made your decision already. If you will choose the alternative school even if H accepts you, then releasing the application is a courtesy to other applicants who would not then be waitlisted. But if you are unsure, wait to decide until you have both in hand.

1 Like

It is stellar achievement !

That would be so difficult!.

I think having that conversation with your parents might help. They would have to pay or take out loans.
If Harvard is following the trend I am seeing with pricing this year. That Harvard education will cost at least 80k/yr. That is 320K for undergrad.

It truly is a personal decision for your family. Harvard does open a lot of doors, but I imagine a top 10 school would as well.

How about take the free ride for undergrad and try H for B school?

1 Like

Thank you.

It can be covered by family without any loans - not easy, but can be done because that was the plan all along.

I am unsure and I have been thinking through this all week since I found out about it a few days ago. Since I have waited until now, I want to wait until the end of March.