Has anybody gotten into a UC with a D they didn't fix?

<p>Has anyone ever gotten into a UC with a D in an “A-G” course during their sophomore year/junior year they didn’t fix?</p>

<p>yep lol. i know a few folks…</p>

<p>You just have to explain it very well. I don’t have any D’s but i’ve heard of people just explaining it well and you can get away with it</p>

<p>Yup. I got a D in Honors Precalculus and I didn’t make it up nor did I explain it. I got into UC Irvine and UC Davis.</p>

<p>If it’s in the first semester/quarter, then it’s fine. If you get a C or better the next term, I guess it “fixes” up your D.</p>

<p>Just a clarification…you must have a C- or better in all of the minimally-required, a-g courses. Thus, you cannot receive a D in English, without “fixing” it, since four years of (passing) English is required for admissions-eligibility. Of course, you can also qualify based on testing alone.</p>

<p>(Precalc is not a required course.)</p>

<p>What if you get a D in an extra “G” UC approved elective course, but you’ve already satisfied the requirement? Would that disqualify you from applying to UC’s? Or it only matters if you needed the class to fulfill the A-G requirements? If they’re already satisfied it shouldn’t matter right?</p>

<p>I got a D second semester of AP Chem my sophomore year. I wanted to fix it but I was already double science junior year so I didn’t have the chance to do it until senior year. I only got into UCSB–I applied to SB, UCI, UCSD and Berkeley.</p>

<p>Even if you already satisfied your A-G requirements you’ll still need to get at least a C in all your classes, unless you can explain under what circumstances you yielded such poor grades. I explained my situation in my application, so maybe you can do the same.</p>

<p>On the second page of the following is an explanation of how a course in which you got a D can be validated by getting a C or better in a higher level course (math and foreign language):</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.calstate.edu/SAS/publications/documents/csu-uc-a-gcomparisonmatrix.pdf[/url]”>http://www.calstate.edu/SAS/publications/documents/csu-uc-a-gcomparisonmatrix.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;