Has the wording changed on the Presidential?

My son just received the Presidential letter in the mail. One thing stuck out to me. At the end of the first paragraph is says.
" This scholarship will be awarded for four years(eight semesters) of undergraduate studies if you maintain a UA GPA of 3.0 or higher each semester."

I konw I’m probably going to have to call but I was wondering…
Are they going to start checking after 1st semester and is it each semester now that has to be 3.0 or is it a cumulative 3.0? or has it always been worded like that?

Just got the same letter and I was wondering the identical thing. Hoping that it is still a cumulative 3.0 as otherwise one bad semester could be the end of the scholarship.

I just dug out my son’s letter from October 2011. It says:
“This scholarship will be renewed each year for four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study provided you maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher each semester.”
I see no change. It does not say “3.0 or higher IN each semester.” The continued omission of that one little word suggests to me that this to continue to be a cumulative GPA.
Search other threads on this forum about the ‘probation’ process if a student falls below 3.0.

I don’t see a change, but for safety sake, contact Amber Capell in scholarships and ask for the policy in writing.