Haverford RD 2025

Starting a thread even though notifications are not coming out until April :slight_smile:
Good luck to all!

1 Like

Thanks for starting the thread! Waiting anxiously here too with fingers crossed. Haven’t been able to visit yet, but HC seems like such a special place.

1 Like

Likewise!! I really love their emphasis on student governance!

2 Likes

Not RD but I just got in EDII! Good luck to all of you.

4 Likes

Congratulations!! (and thanks!)

Does anyone know when RD decisions come out?

1 Like

Their website says early April.

1 Like

I visited twice before the pandemic, and I loved it both times! The second time was especially nice because my dad’s friend’s daughter was a student there, so she offered to meet up with me and chat before my tour. And while I was talking to her, a professor who happened to be sitting nearby just pulled up a chair right next to me and joined the conversation! It was a cool experience, and they both seemed really happy to spend their time helping me learn about the school. I hope you do get to visit once the restrictions lighten up, but I just wanted to share my experience so you could maybe get a better idea of the sense of community they have there. And good luck with your application!! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!! Wow, what a nice experience there for you! I really appreciate you sharing that.

To anyone who is considering Haverford: I suggest contacting the College to ask about racial tensions on campus as well as recent curricular changes in light of those concerns. I mention this only so that you can make an informed decision taking into account whether or not you support Haverford’s stance on these issues.

2 Likes

Just wanted to get to know from other applicants if Haverford is explicitly asking for the Mid-year report this year. Like is it mentioned on the checklist or anywhere else??

i think so, and if i were you i’d send it just in case

I’m putting my money on this Friday.

wasn’t it supposed to be early april??

Highly doubted that. Last year decisions came out around 20th March.

hey everyone! I received an email saying that decisions will be out this Friday, March 19th.

1 Like

Yes, my D got an email too

10 hours left guys! Best of luck!

3 Likes

My daughter applied RD. Is anyone concerned with the campus atmosphere described on some of these threads? I have read of racial unrest, bullying, no sports season. It seems like that would lead to lack of school spirit and low morale.
Any thoughts?

I’m a Haverford alum who interviews. I understand your concerns and would share them if my D were applying this year. If your D is accepted, you will be able to ask parents of current students about their students’ experiences this year. Your D will be able to reach out to current students. I’m tagging a couple of current HC parents on CC who may be willing to share their students’ experiences @milgymfam @EyeVeee