Help(for real)

<p>If i am an out-of-state(Missouri) student with an DEFINITE EFC of 0(see other thread for details if necessary), how good would my aid be at Texas A&M?(Financial and merit)
ACT: 34
GPA:3.9
All honors and AP classes possible</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi, redrising8. I don’t think anybody can accurately answer your question because there are too many unknowns. But I thought I would share the tiny amount of insight I have. I hope it helps. </p>

<p>You’re saying that your FAFSA EFC is 0, right? Well, the FAFSA EFC is simply a figure used by a school to calculate your eligibility for federal student aid at that school. It is NOT necessarily the amount your family will be expected to pay, but rather a measure of your family’s financial strength that schools will use to determine your federal student aid eligibility and your financial aid award for that school. </p>

<p>So the EFC tells you something about what you might expect for federal student aid. That is, it is used to award need-based aid. </p>

<p>The other part of your question seems to be about merit-based aid. That’s the sort of aid that is awarded based on things like high ACT scores, high GPAs, and the sort of workload you took on in high school, amongst other things.</p>

<p>The truth is, unless a school you’re applying to has a set, guaranteed formula of “X scholarship dollars will be awarded for Y high school stats,” nobody will be able to give you even a semi-accurate guess of how much merit-based aid you might receive for the stats you listed in your post. There are several schools that do have guaranteed merit aid for certain stats – Baylor U immediately comes to mind, but there are plenty of others. </p>

<p>To my knowledge, unless things have changed, TAMU does not have guaranteed merit aid packages other than those they publish for National Merit Finalists. If you’re an NMF, you can google the current NMF package offered by TAMU. </p>

<p>But otherwise, you can only know what kind of aid you might get based on your financial need and your merits by waiting out the application process. I’m sorry! I know that it’s really hard to wait for those results! I remember when my own kids were waiting. Stressful.</p>

<p>But I wish you the best of luck! Your stats are good, and it looks like you’ll be eligible for good need-based aid as well. </p>

<p>All the best to you! :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the insight, it was helpful!</p>

<p>Oh, that’s good. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can answer for you. </p>

<p>Alright</p>