Help with Majors- Chemistry

<p>I was accepted with a major choice in marketing Well, now I want to major in chemical engineering. I relize this may be problematic for two reasons.
1. I already emailed asking to be changed to chemistry not chemical engineering. Does it really matter at this point? Will I be able to change later?
2. I've heard the school of engineering is extremely hard to get into. Is this true?</p>

<p>Since they accepted me based on my previous major will they reconsider.
Any information regarding this or chemistry in general would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t say it is extremely hard (it’s not CAUS) but it will be a bit of a pain and you’ll probably end up staying an extra semester or so. You probably won’t be able to get into the college of engineering yet (although it can’t hurt to ask) so you’ll end up having to take the intro to engineering classes as an out of major, which is very difficult to schedule. They used to, and still may, teach it at the New River Community College. If they still do you should take it there. If not you’ll have to take it when you can get in (sophomore year likely) which will push you behind on your ChemE classes.</p>

<p>You SHOULDN’T take classes during all your summer sessions to catch up and graduate on time. You’re exponentially better off staying an extra semester (or even two) and getting a couple internships under your belt. After your freshman year it wouldn’t hurt you much, and could even benefit you if you managed to get in on some research, but the summers after your sophomore and junior years are very important for doing things that aren’t taking summer classes.</p>